Expert Advice Needed!

cchase33

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
I have been doing alot of research over the past couple days on CPU coolers. I plan to overclock my PC soon so the stock one just won't do. From my research I have pretty much concluded that the best coolers (without getting too ridiculous like the NH-D14) are either the Megahalems, the Venomous X, or the H50. It seems that the H50 is only good up to a certain point, and the VX and the Magahalems both need fans purchased seperately. Basically I am wondering which of these would be the best for overall overclocking and cooling performance. Thanks very much for your time and help. :D

Solution
The Megahalems is generally considered the best air-cooler keep in mind from most benchmarks i've read it only beats out the Venomous X by 1C.
The Venomous X-RT is available and comes with a 130mm fan.
If you go with the Megahalems or reg. Venomous X, Scythe S-Flex fans are a good match for either.
The Megahalems is generally considered the best air-cooler keep in mind from most benchmarks i've read it only beats out the Venomous X by 1C.
The Venomous X-RT is available and comes with a 130mm fan.
If you go with the Megahalems or reg. Venomous X, Scythe S-Flex fans are a good match for either.

Solution

Blckhaze

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
H50 isnt great unless you add an extra fan for push/pull, and have it breathing in outside air so good placement is also needed. I have an H50 on a 920 at 4ghz at 68-73c under prime95 stress test hours in. So it is capable. I don't know about the others