Cannot restore java runtime registry key missing

PAWPAWPAM

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I have lost my Java Runtime Environment. So no games will run that require Java. My programs list says I have Update 25. Java download page tells me I have Update 23. I THOUGHT I had the newest version, Update 26. Java test page says Java is not working. Trying to uninstall from program list is impossible. Trying to reinstall again-impossible. Java icon click gives me message that registry key is missing. Exact message reads as follows---HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Java Soft\Java Runtime Environment\1.6.0_26 is missing. Cannot find error with system restore. System Restore does not fix the problem! Somewhere the registry key has gotton lost or deleted. Without it, obviously, I cannot restore Java Runtime. Please Help!!!!!!!!

PAWPAWPAM

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I am receiving the same message as before. "The feature you are trying to use is a network resource that is unavailable". This coming from the Java Update 26 attempt to download. It eventually gets down to Error message 1714. Everything remains exactly as it was. Program list shows Update 25. I should have Update 26. Version check says I have Update 23. Java test shows Java not working. Still missing registry key.

PAWPAWPAM

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011

I have run CCleaner. Downloaded and ran Malwarebytes. And attempted to try and install Java again. I receive all the same info as before. "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." the error message I receive is 1714. Help me please!

ok, do this then, uninstall ALL java you can find on your machine, then run ccleaner to clean up any lingering registry entries

reboot, rescan registry and check your program files folder for any more java goodness

after you've confirmed that there's no java on your machine anymore, try installing the JRE

PAWPAWPAM

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011

I have done everything as you suggest. I rceive the error message 1714 everytime. Which from what I can find out simply means there was a bad attempt to download.