Keep external running...?

Hello,

I have a Seagate 1tb Hard Drive with (im guessing) power friendly settings. If i dont touch the hard drive for a period of time, it goes into its own state of standby. When i try to do something on it, i have to wait for it to start running full speed (which only takes a moment) but im impatient with my own equipment. Is there any way to keep the drive running so i dont have to wait for it to get up to speed each time?
2 answers Last reply
More about keep external running
  1. Probably not. The firmware for the drive is what puts it in the low power state. If you are really impatient, then maybe you should consider purchasing a different enclosure. They generally pretty cheap (~$25) and its not too difficult to swap them out.

Good Luck!
  2. johnb0118 said:
    Probably not. The firmware for the drive is what puts it in the low power state. If you are really impatient, then maybe you should consider purchasing a different enclosure. They generally pretty cheap (~$25) and its not too difficult to swap them out.

Good Luck!

you know, i considered that until i realized, opening it would void my warranty with Seagate :p... maybe ill just build a new one. :bounce:

Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Seagate Storage