AMD Kuma 7750 goes best with which board

blessedpcguy

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
Hello all,

I have purchased a AMD KUMA 7750 black edition and built a great system..I thought at least until this piece of crap ECS a780gm-a would flash bios gave blue screens and was a nightmare, and the worst part would barely overclock the kuma. Well the rma process is in full swing and I am looking for a board that will have the most likely chance of being stable while overclocking the kuma, and will have the best chance of success at overclocking it around 3.1 or 3.2 ghz.

I am open to suggestion from Asus, gigabyte, dmi, and evga. NO ECS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Thanks so much, and hey maybe there is someone with a kuma and a great board that has success who would like to recommend a board?

Bobby

blessedpcguy

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
and oh yea not for just overclocking folks, but for just overall tech support, longevity, stability with ddr 2 1066 and bios updates

manwizard

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009
the kuma works great with the 790 gx chipset. you can unlock and overclock lots of things. I recommend the gigabyte board I purchased from newegg.com. these gigabyte boards are very durable under stress and heat. they have all solid capacitors and even a thicker board. and it has hdmi so my home theater is happy too.

gigabyte GA-MA790GP DS4H