Belkin USB Bluetooth Adapter F8T001 and Motorola V551?

Last response: in Network Providers
February 12, 2005 6:28:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Does anybody have any info on whether these will work together?
CompUsa has them in stock, but they mention on their site that:

"Note: This device may not be compatible with all bluetooth enabled
mobile phones. As of 4/22/03, manufacturer does not have a
compatibility list available."
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?produc...

Is it worth the bother? I have Win98SE, so the Kensington is out. Plus
there are user gripes about it on Circuit City's page"
http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/98585/originURLEnco...

Thanks,
ygar
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 9:27:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I have the Belkin and a V551. They work fine together on Win XP. I don't
know if there would be any issues with Win98SE.

TC

"Justin Case" <bogus@yeahright.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have any info on whether these will work together?
> CompUsa has them in stock, but they mention on their site that:
>
> "Note: This device may not be compatible with all bluetooth enabled
> mobile phones. As of 4/22/03, manufacturer does not have a
> compatibility list available."
> http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?produc...
>
> Is it worth the bother? I have Win98SE, so the Kensington is out. Plus
> there are user gripes about it on Circuit City's page"
> http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/98585/originURLEnco...
>
> Thanks,
> ygar

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 11:24:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

$50 for a BT adapter?! They sure are proud of that one! (CompUSA
occasionaly has them on sale for $19.95). You can buy one on ebay for
under $17 delivered that will work just fine. Most any BT adapter will
work out of the box with Mobile Phone Tools and you can send games to
your phone too if you follow the steps on my blogsite at:
www.brobin111.blogspot.com

From:Justin Case
bogus@yeahright.com

!