  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 20, 2005 11:49:54 PM

Hi...

I have one house that I modified from a maxis house... It's now like a
barbie house, everything pink. Anyhow... my sims, whom I also created in
bodyshop are now all of a sudden moving SUPER SLOW... All the other houses
are fast and I can play happily with no lag even if there are 10 + sims on
the lot... Any idea what could be slowing this one down?... it's a
nightmare!

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...

More about : speed

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 11:49:55 PM

"jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> schreef in bericht
> Hi...
>
> I have one house that I modified from a maxis house... It's now like a
> barbie house, everything pink. Anyhow... my sims, whom I also created in
> bodyshop are now all of a sudden moving SUPER SLOW... All the other
> houses are fast and I can play happily with no lag even if there are 10 +
> sims on the lot... Any idea what could be slowing this one down?... it's
> a nightmare!

So is a pink house, they must be on drugs if they actually are in a pink
house. ;O)
(okay, I know, I couldn`t resist. ;)  )

> ~ jo
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...

February 21, 2005 1:08:06 AM

Yes!! The house is made of pretty pink siding..with large white french
windows and all the walls inside and carpets/tiles etc., are varying shades
of pink. The furniture is all pink...even the phone... although a little
other pastel hues are creeping in. She wears pink...as does her very hip
husband... and thank heavens they have only had little girls :) )) (must be
because IRL I have only boys!!!) lol...

"D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote in message

> "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> schreef in bericht
>> Hi...
>>
>> I have one house that I modified from a maxis house... It's now like a
>> barbie house, everything pink. Anyhow... my sims, whom I also created in
>> bodyshop are now all of a sudden moving SUPER SLOW... All the other
>> houses are fast and I can play happily with no lag even if there are 10 +
>> sims on the lot... Any idea what could be slowing this one down?... it's
>> a nightmare!
>
> So is a pink house, they must be on drugs if they actually are in a pink
> house. ;O)
> (okay, I know, I couldn`t resist. ;)  )
>
>> ~ jo
>>
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:08:07 AM

Try going to MTS2 and downloading the teleport shrub. It sounds like you
have invisible people on your lot. This can cause slowdowns and seems to
have some relationship to the people disappearing from the phone list (cause
they are already there?). You can use the shrub to selectively, or
completely, remove visitors from the lot. I had these problems with my Goth
house and it is all better now.

MM

jo wrote:
> Yes!! The house is made of pretty pink siding..with large white
> french windows and all the walls inside and carpets/tiles etc., are
> varying shades of pink. The furniture is all pink...even the
> phone... although a little other pastel hues are creeping in. She
> wears pink...as does her very hip husband... and thank heavens they
> have only had little girls :) )) (must be because IRL I have only
> boys!!!) lol...
>
> ~ jo

Maybe that pink phone has a hack in it or something? Sounds like something
is generating invisible people on your lot.

Jeanie
February 21, 2005 2:30:28 AM

thanks so much I'll go get it now!!!

> Try going to MTS2 and downloading the teleport shrub. It sounds like you
> have invisible people on your lot. This can cause slowdowns and seems to
> have some relationship to the people disappearing from the phone list
> (cause
> they are already there?). You can use the shrub to selectively, or
> completely, remove visitors from the lot. I had these problems with my
> Goth
> house and it is all better now.
>
> MM
>

> "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Yes!! The house is made of pretty pink siding..with large white french
>> windows and all the walls inside and carpets/tiles etc., are varying
> shades
>> of pink. The furniture is all pink...even the phone... although a
>> little
>> other pastel hues are creeping in. She wears pink...as does her very
>> hip
>> husband... and thank heavens they have only had little girls :) )) (must
> be
>> because IRL I have only boys!!!) lol...
>>
>> ~ jo
>>
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
>> "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> schreef in bericht

> in
> +
> it's
>> >
>> > So is a pink house, they must be on drugs if they actually are in a
>> > pink
>> > house. ;O)
>> > (okay, I know, I couldn`t resist. ;)  )

February 21, 2005 10:37:45 AM

> jo wrote:
>> Yes!! The house is made of pretty pink siding..with large white
>> french windows and all the walls inside and carpets/tiles etc., are
>> varying shades of pink. The furniture is all pink...even the
>> phone... although a little other pastel hues are creeping in. She
>> wears pink...as does her very hip husband... and thank heavens they
>> have only had little girls :) )) (must be because IRL I have only
>> boys!!!) lol...
>>
>> ~ jo
>
> Maybe that pink phone has a hack in it or something? Sounds like
> something
> is generating invisible people on your lot.
>
> Jeanie

I don't think so... because I haven't altered the house in quite a while
and it had been playing perfectly... I tried altering it and when I tried
that was when the super go slow started... so I didn't save... But when I
went back into the house it was still the same. I've tried it again several
times since and always the same... it's actually unplayable.

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
February 21, 2005 10:40:06 AM

I am actually thinking I'll move them out of the house, and then.... as
there would be no invisible's on an empty lot.... I could move them back
in... I know I would have to refurnish... but it's fun and doesn't really
bother me. The only problem I have is that hubby is at work and it's only
9.45am...... Could I get her to move out and include him even though he's
at work?

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
> jo wrote:
>> Yes!! The house is made of pretty pink siding..with large white
>> french windows and all the walls inside and carpets/tiles etc., are
>> varying shades of pink. The furniture is all pink...even the
>> phone... although a little other pastel hues are creeping in. She
>> wears pink...as does her very hip husband... and thank heavens they
>> have only had little girls :) )) (must be because IRL I have only
>> boys!!!) lol...
>>
>> ~ jo
>
> Maybe that pink phone has a hack in it or something? Sounds like
> something
> is generating invisible people on your lot.
>
> Jeanie

February 21, 2005 10:40:07 AM

>I am actually thinking I'll move them out of the house, and then.... as
>there would be no invisible's on an empty lot.... I could move them back
>in... I know I would have to refurnish... but it's fun and doesn't really
>bother me. The only problem I have is that hubby is at work and it's only
>9.45am...... Could I get her to move out and include him even though he's
>at work?
>
> ~ jo

This is a bug called (not surprisingly) the slowdown bug. It's caused by a
bad car portal at that specific lot in your neighborhood.

You'll need to either move the house to another lot in the neighborhood,
package the house and family and completely bulldoze the lot, or follow the
instructions in the second post here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=36035

Caution: If you use this method, you will be notified whenever a car-using
NPC (maid, gardner, delivery, etc.) gets caught in the jam, and you will
need to take care of that before continuing in the game. This can get kind
of annoying, and I lasted about 15 minutes before I gave up and moved my Sim
down the street.

Good Luck!

-Josh
February 21, 2005 3:25:52 PM

Oooh thank you sooo much josh :)  they are moving this afternoon ;-) Does
it matter that hubby is at work?

"Josh" <ten@nozirev.yma.shoj> wrote in message

> "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>I am actually thinking I'll move them out of the house, and then.... as
>>there would be no invisible's on an empty lot.... I could move them back
>>in... I know I would have to refurnish... but it's fun and doesn't really
>>bother me. The only problem I have is that hubby is at work and it's only
>>9.45am...... Could I get her to move out and include him even though
>>he's at work?
>>
>> ~ jo
>
> This is a bug called (not surprisingly) the slowdown bug. It's caused by
> a bad car portal at that specific lot in your neighborhood.
>
> You'll need to either move the house to another lot in the neighborhood,
> package the house and family and completely bulldoze the lot, or follow
> the instructions in the second post here:
>
> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=36035
>
> Caution: If you use this method, you will be notified whenever a
> car-using NPC (maid, gardner, delivery, etc.) gets caught in the jam, and
> you will need to take care of that before continuing in the game. This
> can get kind of annoying, and I lasted about 15 minutes before I gave up
> and moved my Sim down the street.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> -Josh

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 6:17:13 PM

aeracura@optusnet.com.au wrote:
> Oooh thank you sooo much josh :)  they are moving this afternoon ;-) Does
> it matter that hubby is at work?
> ~ jo
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
> "Josh" <ten@nozirev.yma.shoj> wrote in message