GTX 460 1GB OC

Just ordered the new EVGA GTX 460 1gb (Already sold out on newegg) anyways I am absolutely going to overclock this card. To all you GTX 460 owners, what kind of overclock can i expect, and what have you reached? I want to get all I can out of this card. Thank you again Toms
11 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Depends if you have voltage control. If yes, 900+mhz core. If no, 800-850mhz core. Not sure about the memory speeds. ksampanna linked a good article on it.
  2. Thanks guys, that link is fantastic, and i'm very glad I ordered the 1gb GTX 460, I see that the difference is quite large between that and the 768mb edition.
  3. milbrandt1 said:
    Thanks guys, that link is fantastic, and i'm very glad I ordered the 1gb GTX 460, I see that the difference is quite large between that and the 768mb edition.

I would say its about 8% or less.
  4. actually, at higher resolutions the 768 versions suffers quite a bit.
  5. ares1214 said:
    actually, at higher resolutions the 768 versions suffers quite a bit.

Proof ?
    I'm not saying the 1gb is not consistently a little faster. But its never large.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GeForce_GTX_460_Cyclone_OC_768_MB/31.html

This conclusion makes it easy to justify either buy.
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-geforce-gtx-460-cyclone-oc-1024-review/20
    Quote:
    Performance wise it remains difficult to justify the extra 256MB memory and 8 ROP clusters over the cheaper 768MB models. The difference is not huge but definitely can be measured. In the long run the extra 256MB memory however will be a saver bet. especially with upcoming DX11 titles long shaders and huge textures might benefit from some more frame buffer.
  6. I already ordered the 1gb so I'm happy with that, thank you for the heads up though notty
  7. the 1Gb is worth the extra cash IMO, his card should have voltage control with Afterburner 1.61 =)
  8. Thats what i've heard so I went with the 1Gb, and I love EVGA's warranty and all around quality/service so I waited for their 1Gb model
  9. milbrandt1 said:
    I already ordered the 1gb so I'm happy with that, thank you for the heads up though notty

Good luck. Let us know, the increases from whatever your using now.
  10. I thought I read only MSI + ASUS have voltage control hardware...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Overclocking EVGA