ATI Crashing Problem?

ghosthunt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Ok quick background, I built my first crossfire system a couple of years ago now. using dual x1300's everything run fine on most games. Started playing Eve Online on my older computer. Tried playing on the crossfire system and the game would lockup/crash on boot of eve. Most common BSOD code was due to ati3duag.dll Considering the x1300's are much older now i picked up a pair of hd4670's cheap.
but im still having the same problem. I upgraded xp to SP3 and now im getting a broad range of BSOD's from STOP 0x0000000A's to IRQ erros, and some times jsut hard lockups and auto reboots. Im currently at work so i cant give a full posting of specs but the basics are here. if anyone has any ideas.

MB: Asus A8R-MVP (Latest Bios Update)
CPU: AMD Athlon FX x2 (2Ghz Equiv)
RAM: 2 x 1Gig Kingston DDR2
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4670 (Latest Drivers. Tried both with and with out CCC)
HD: 250Gig Sata Western Digital
PSU: 450 Watt that came with the Case. *Have also Tried a New Ultra 550PSU with no change.

Im not usign the crossfire setup due to it not being a crossfire X Motherboard. so i just have one card installed at this time. if i cant get the problem fixed then im gonna return them

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Tim

ghosthunt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
HAHA no im not blaming ATI but my other system which has a older ati card works fine. And no i havent run a memtest yet that was my next step when i get off work tonight. Last time i ran it everything checked out fine with both sticks together and each by them selves. this is why im totally stumped on this probem. and the only time i have it is trying to play eve online and other higher end graphics games

ghosthunt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Ok well im at work until 10 central time ill be sure to give this a try and go from there thanks for the help thus far

ghosthunt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
ok. update, on my ram its not kingston its patriot 2 x 1 gig pc3200 400mgz cl3
ive run the mem test. everything checks out ok. Cross refercened the Bios voltate output from auto to 2.7v where the manf recomends 2.6 minimum tried it up to 2.9 with still no change. ive tried disabling hardware accel also and still having lockups. FYI my older system is also a x1300 just with the visiontek tag on it and its AGP versus PCIe