Cxp83

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Hello, well the problem is, my computer will not start up saying something about a usb being plugged in, when I unplug all things using a usb port and the error still comes up and pc will not start. I have done some of my own thinking that wiping the hard drive will help me out, on a desktop, I have a windows 7 waiting to be installed on it. But the question at hand is, how do I wipe the hard drive from a desktop using a laptop? The hard drive is a 500GB/7200rpm/16M Samsung HDD, Just recently bought before the start of summer. If you can help I will take any thank you for viewing this post.

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
When you go to install win 7, boot from the cd - during the install process you will have the ability to wipe the HD (delete existing partition & create a new one, then format it). Just make sure you don't have any files on that drive that you want to save.

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
As far as your original question - you can wipe the drive if you put it internally into another machine (another desktop), or get an external USB or eSATA case for it.

What error do you get trying to install win 7, or where does it stop?