Higher temp with water

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 21, 2010 8:50:47 AM

I just built an I5 650 Asus P7P55D-E PRO 4GB DIMM DDR3 2x 670MHz (1.34GHz) ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
the problem i am having was i first put on a old liquid cooled system i had Thermaltake Big water SE now i know thats not the best but i was getting idle temps around 80 degrees F and Max load temps around 150 degrees f . So i put the stock fan on and the idle temp is a little higher maybe 85 degrees f but the Max load temp never gets above 140 dgrees f this just seems strange to me that liquid is getting higher temps and thoughts

More about : higher temp water

July 21, 2010 9:03:16 AM

The cpu water block does not support socket 1156 or will not find on that type of socket.. You will need to get or find a new water block for the cpu that has in their specs for socket 1156..
m
l
July 21, 2010 9:03:55 AM

Where is the rad located in the system? Is the rad before the cpu or after the cpu? Is you system connected to the video card(s), ram(s), south bridge, northbridge, or hard drive(s)
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 21, 2010 9:07:36 AM

the order is Cpu Radiator Resivor pump very basic and i know it does not fit but i rigged it to fit
m
l
July 21, 2010 9:11:49 AM

The proper way of doing it is Resivor, Radiator, cpu then the pump. This lay out should give you the best cold to heat ratio and I wouldn't force a water cooling block on to the cpu and if its not all touching or you puncture a hole in it/ cave the opening inside will cuase alot of damage
m
l
July 21, 2010 9:13:27 AM

i could be wrong in the oder of resivor and the radiator
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 21, 2010 9:18:27 AM

well its more or less just sits on the top of it i did not torque it down and the cooling block it bigger then most but it only snakes through(makes a big S ) instead of a big opening
m
l
a c 337 K Overclocking
July 21, 2010 2:33:07 PM

No, no, no. That WC unit isn't designed to take the heat of the i-series chips from Intel. It may say it is compatible, but I guarantee you, it isn't up to the task of removing the heat generated by those chips. Here is a suggestion: either spend $50 and get a good air cooled heatsink/fan, or spend $200+ to get a good, CPU only water loop. Here is the tip- you need to do a lot of research when you go this route; otherwise you will end up wasting money and being disappointed with your results.
m
l
July 21, 2010 6:36:12 PM

I would change it to support socket 1156 motherboards and a better brand for cpu water block. I would get Corsair CWCH50-1 Hydro H50 CPU Liquid Cooler - 120mm Fan, Copper Cold Plate, Aluminum Radiator, LGA775, LGA1366, LGA1156, AM2/AM3 http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item.... The system is a preclosed cpu liquid cooling system and the rad has 2 fans, 1 on each side.
m
l
!