Sign in with
Your question

Which ASUS model to upgrade to?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 17, 2009 4:14:19 PM

I am an average PC user with two homebuilt PCs w/ASUS MBs and Intel processors. I like to buy a little older models that still have plenty of power for me but are now selling at a discount from brand new prices. I am looking for suggestions for Intel compatible ASUS MB to upgrade to for use with new Windows OS. I know 4 gig of RAM is required and that is what is keeping from staying with both my current MBs. Ang suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rick Dial

More about : asus model upgrade

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b å Intel
a c 435 V Motherboard
June 17, 2009 5:25:10 PM

If your case can hold a full size atx board, then the asus P43 p5qL Pro for $86.99 (newegg.com) with free shipping should work fine. If your case is micro atx or you need onboard video, then the P5QL-em for $99.99 would be a good choice.
June 17, 2009 6:40:30 PM

o1die said:
If your case can hold a full size atx board, then the asus P43 p5qL Pro for $86.99 (newegg.com) with free shipping should work fine. If your case is micro atx or you need onboard video, then the P5QL-em for $99.99 would be a good choice.

Thanks for the info. That looks like a great MB and the add-ons are right up my alley. I doubled the RAM because I am a memory freak thinking it is far more important for us non gamers than a powerful CPU.

Thanks again.

Rick
!