Sign in with
Your question

Permissions constantly reset.

Last response: in Storage
July 28, 2010 5:08:22 AM

I have a machine that has Windows 7 x64 on a 60Gb SSD. I also have a 320Gb RAID 1 that I use for storage and for installing programs. I have a recurring problem with my RAID 1 Hdd's resetting its permissions. I recently reinstalled Windows on the SSD. After my installation completed I tried to access the files on my RAID Drives and it told me that permission was denied because the disk was write protected. So I try the typical right clicking on the drive, going to security and try taking ownership of the drive. Of course it denies my request. So I then have to perform a DISKPART on the drive to reset the permissions. This works great. After I perform the DISKPART I go through and take ownership without a problem.

My problem is that everytime I restart my computer, the permissions are reset back to denying me access and I have to go through the whole DISKPART scenario again.

I have even tried taking all the info off of the drive, reformatting the drive, and then placing all of my info back on it, to no avail.

Is there something I need to do to permanently give myself access to my Hdd? This has become extremely annoying.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.
a b G Storage
July 28, 2010 9:55:34 AM

What, if any anti-virus programs do you have installed on the machine?
m
l
July 28, 2010 5:19:06 PM

Kaspersky Internet Security.
m
l
August 5, 2010 2:26:17 PM

buwish said:
What, if any anti-virus programs do you have installed on the machine?

Kaspersky Internet Security
m
l
!