OCZ Vertex 2 60GB

Solution
G
Something I found...

OCZ's Sandforce SF-1200 based Agility 2 comes in two versions, one normal and one extended capacity version which reduces the overprovisioning on the flash in return for more storage capacity. Overprovisioning is a way for the SSD to have more work area, even when the disk is nearly full which translates into higher performance. Recent testing by OCZ has shown that the normal overprovisioning is too much for most consumer use cases which results in precious capacity being wasted. The "normal" Agility 2 is available in capacities from 40 GB to 400 GB and the "extended" version is available from 60 GB to 480 GB. With a price point of $329 the Agility 2 120 GB is sitting in the normal range for a Sandforce SF-1200...
G

Something I found...

OCZ's Sandforce SF-1200 based Agility 2 comes in two versions, one normal and one extended capacity version which reduces the overprovisioning on the flash in return for more storage capacity. Overprovisioning is a way for the SSD to have more work area, even when the disk is nearly full which translates into higher performance. Recent testing by OCZ has shown that the normal overprovisioning is too much for most consumer use cases which results in precious capacity being wasted. The "normal" Agility 2 is available in capacities from 40 GB to 400 GB and the "extended" version is available from 60 GB to 480 GB. With a price point of $329 the Agility 2 120 GB is sitting in the normal range for a Sandforce SF-1200 based 120 GB solid state drive.

I imagine it applies to the Vertex as well.

Jake

Solution