heavy_metal

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I am having a weird issue with my computer in general. Every time I shut down it powers it self back on. I have to hit the switch on the back of psu to get it to shut off. I have tried 2 psu's and and changing bios setting, I have unplugged my power buttons and all that stuff with no prevail. I have even unplugged all the cables except the power cord out of computer when shutting down, that doesn't work either. Only thing that I have not tried is unplugging the hard drives but that I figure wouldn't do this. I am baffled and very confused anyone got any suggestions or fixes?

r_manic

Administrator
I don't think unplugging your hard drives would fix anything. If you really have the problem as described above, either your PC's power button gets stuck on "on", or there's something wrong with the electronics in your house/office. Have you tried running the computer in a different home/building?

heavy_metal

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
No I haven't tried a different place but it isn't the power button as I have unhooked the power switch and it still did it. I will hook it up somewhere else maybe something went wrong with my power strip or something.

r_manic

Administrator
Keep us updated. If it isn't anything on your PC, then maybe some faulty wiring in your place. They could be causing power surges, affecting your PSU and causing the computer to turn on.

Another thing to consider: you really shut the computer down right? you don't activate sleep mode or anything like that?