ST2 Building: residential/community

Once you have packaged a building, in this case residential, does anyone
know how to use Simpe to change the specs to community?

I have developed a GWR station I was going to use as a refurbished home but
would rather like it in my Edwardian neighbourhood - although it is a mite
late for that age. 8(

Granny.
10 answers Last reply
More about building residential community

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > Once you have packaged a building, in this case residential, does anyone
    > know how to use Simpe to change the specs to community?
    >
    > I have developed a GWR station I was going to use as a refurbished home but
    > would rather like it in my Edwardian neighbourhood - although it is a mite
    > late for that age. 8(
    >
    > Granny.

    Upload it to The Sims official site and then download it into the new
    community?

    -georg

    > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >
    >> Once you have packaged a building, in this case residential, does anyone
    >> know how to use Simpe to change the specs to community?
    >>
    >> I have developed a GWR station I was going to use as a refurbished home
    >> but would rather like it in my Edwardian neighbourhood - although it is a
    >> mite late for that age. 8(
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > Upload it to The Sims official site and then download it into the new
    > community?
    >
    > -georg

    I don't upload. Dialup is toooo slow and crashes out.
    Hold on.... Will a building once set as residential be available in the
    community? if so, then it should do that from hard drive. it's the same
    package after all.

    No, it won't.

    Granny.

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >>

    >>>Once you have packaged a building, in this case residential, does anyone
    >>>know how to use Simpe to change the specs to community?
    >>>
    >>>I have developed a GWR station I was going to use as a refurbished home
    >>>but would rather like it in my Edwardian neighbourhood - although it is a
    >>>mite late for that age. 8(
    >>>
    >>>Granny.
    >>
    >>Upload it to The Sims official site and then download it into the new
    >>community?
    >>
    >>-georg
    >

    > I don't upload. Dialup is toooo slow and crashes out.
    > Hold on.... Will a building once set as residential be available in the
    > community? if so, then it should do that from hard drive. it's the same
    > package after all.
    >
    > No, it won't.
    >
    > Granny.

    Only idea I could think of. I haven't used Sim PE. Hopefully someone
    will come round soon and fix ye right up.

    -georg

    > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >

    > Only idea I could think of. I haven't used Sim PE. Hopefully someone will
    > come round soon and fix ye right up.
    >
    > -georg

    Ar. I think perhaps you might have been thinking I wanted to change
    neighbourhoods? That's easy, as you said, package it and load it in again.
    No, what i was looking for is changing a whole lot from residential, to one
    where all the Sims can use. Community, in the same neighbourhood,

    I have just been notified that someone has already done a disused train
    station as a shop. NOW they tell me!!!!
    Ah. But mine is GWR. Their station looks more like Southern.
    Hoity-toity!! 8))))

    Granny.

    I have done it, though I haven't test-run it with visiting Sims yet as there
    is nothing in there to test. 8(
    According to my notes, I did do...
    Simpe, plugin 'neighbourhood browser'
    Find 'lot description'; 'Packed file type'; plugin view
    Presents box 'Lot inst.... & House inst. and a Lot type which can be changed
    to residential, community or 'don't know.'

    A bit vague that but it's quite straight forward. So now I can set up crummy
    terraces as heritage museums, if I want. All I need is a fish and chip shop.

    Granny

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > I have done it, though I haven't test-run it with visiting Sims yet as there
    > is nothing in there to test. 8(
    > According to my notes, I did do...
    > Simpe, plugin 'neighbourhood browser'
    > Find 'lot description'; 'Packed file type'; plugin view
    > Presents box 'Lot inst.... & House inst. and a Lot type which can be changed
    > to residential, community or 'don't know.'
    >
    > A bit vague that but it's quite straight forward. So now I can set up crummy
    > terraces as heritage museums, if I want. All I need is a fish and chip shop.

    Glad you got that sorted.

    mmmm fish and chips. I feel lucky I can malt vinegar on this side of the
    pond. Miss a good fish and chips, but not the zits...

    -georg

    I think Carrigon's tutorial has a bit on this - but I can't remember her
    home page

    :'(

    MM

    > Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > mmmm fish and chips. I feel lucky I can malt vinegar on this side of the
    > pond. Miss a good fish and chips, but not the zits...
    >
    > -georg

    I actually woke up this morning looking down on a Sim area from a canal
    bridge. I am wondering if it is possible to build a tunnel.

    I could certainly drop the land and make cut sides, then add the general
    detrius that teenagers would like, but the mouth of a tunnel might present
    problems.
    So far i haven't tried it. I wish I could forget about it, actually.

    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >

    > > mmmm fish and chips. I feel lucky I can malt vinegar on this side of the
    > > pond. Miss a good fish and chips, but not the zits...
    > >
    > > -georg
    > >

    > I actually woke up this morning looking down on a Sim area from a canal
    > bridge. I am wondering if it is possible to build a tunnel.
    >
    > I could certainly drop the land and make cut sides, then add the general
    > detrius that teenagers would like, but the mouth of a tunnel might present
    > problems.
    > So far i haven't tried it. I wish I could forget about it, actually.
    >
    > Granny.

    You can build a bridge and then just do some good decorating with plants and
    stuff.
    Check out this place.........
    http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/

    If you haven't checked any of his tutorials out, you are gonna be amazed
    what can be done in the game.

    > You can build a bridge and then just do some good decorating with plants
    > and
    > stuff.
    > Check out this place.........
    > http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/

    The road, with the telephone on, would be the top of the bridge, if you see
    what i mean. Looking over it, down to a canal running under.
    Extending the edge of the road/bridge forwards into the plot would give room
    enough to experiment with a tunnel effect. False roof using the boolprop
    building thing is my best bet. it need not be deep. Just enough to give the
    effect of the canal going somewhere else.

    As far as the Sims are concerned the important bits would be the old sofa,
    the radio, and whatever else I decide to dump next to the tow path.

    Look, I didn;t want to be bothered with this!!!

    > If you haven't checked any of his tutorials out, you are gonna be amazed
    > what can be done in the game.

    I have seen his stuff and it is impressive. I don;t go for altered roofs
    because you don;t see them when you play, anyway. Nice in neighbourhood view
    and with photos, but...
    Like that damn Psycho House. more trouble than it was worth, as far as I was
    concerned.
    Incidentally, the latest crop of Mephistophelian children, teenager and
    girl-child, have started taking their homework in there instead of nice
    custodian house with modern study.
    The BRATS!

    Granny.

Video Games