How do you want to install updates

BaliRob2

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Security pop-up headed Automatic Updates containing a box asking "How do you want to install updates? Two options provided, viz., 1) Express Install (Recommended) and 2) Custom Install (Advanced) In my case I am informed that Windows found 1 update which requires me to first accept license terms.

This is the first time in four years that I have had this notice on screen - I thought that all my Windows updates came automatically and those received when closing down. There is no other info on the panel nor details of the License Agreement where I can accept or decline.

With the latest worries (June 2011) about Windows Malware I am concerned that this may be a virus, etc. The only download received
(26/6) was a back-up external disc - and, coincidently? this warning has since come up on screen. The Security yellow/orange shield at bottom right when highlighted with the cursor also brings the panel up saying that "Updates are ready for your computer".

My email = robin3968@yahoo.co.uk

Thanking you in anticipation.

Rob

BaliRob2

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

Thankyou Phil very much for your reply,

I have had others reply to my email especially after the Windows 2012 scareware - they also are very wary about this particular 'update' and
you cannot blame them. Remember, I have had XP for over four years
and this is the first update from Microsoft I have received like this.

Co-incidently, (?) since this came up my external backup disc has stopped
running - I have not had a virus, etc., since 2007 so I am not going to
update this one - other warnings have said that the malware is identical
to Microsoft format.

Regards,

Rob

BaliRob2

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
My technician, much to my surprise, pressed the Install tab and found that it was a simple genuine Microsoft update. My Windows XP is licensed (paid for) and he could not answer why this update was not automatically installed like all of the previous updates in over four years.

Thankyou to all those who were worried as well and contacted me - I hope this
post helps you. Rob

TRENDING THREADS