Sign in with
Your question

I5 750 cpu is it ok to manually set the vcore voltz and auto the rest?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 22, 2010 4:21:01 PM

I want to overclock my cpu to about 3.8 mhz is it ok to set the vcore manually and leave the vtt, pll.. and other voltz to auto? or will this hurt the cpu?
a b à CPUs
July 22, 2010 7:00:25 PM

Do you know how to set up an OC? I would experiment with voltage, leave other voltages alone. Research your processors max voltage intake and go from there.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 100 K Overclocking
July 22, 2010 7:23:29 PM

I would set VTT manually as well. For example, if you raise Vcore 0.1V, raise Vtt 0.05V. This isn't a hard-and-fast rule, generally the two are fairly close together in voltage. But the higher the VTT the less Vcore you generally need.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 22, 2010 7:28:32 PM

I'm not sure if this will work with intel but with amd, its been found that if you lower your fsb's speed you can also get a higher oc.
I don't know if the same goes for intel, I've never gotten a chance to mess with an intel motherboard with an unlocked bios.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 100 K Overclocking
July 22, 2010 7:40:18 PM

Computerrock1 said:
I'm not sure if this will work with intel but with amd, its been found that if you lower your fsb's speed you can also get a higher oc.
I don't know if the same goes for intel, I've never gotten a chance to mess with an intel motherboard with an unlocked bios.

Actually, with the 1156 and 1366 sockets (i3/i5/i7) they did away with FSB. The new setup is you have a base clock, and from there a CPU multiplier, RAM multiplier, and QPI Multiplier. Generally for CPU you get 9-21 multiplier, and beyond that only with Turbo Boost although I think the i7 980X has completely unlocked multipliers. For RAM you get 10, 8, and 6x and for QPI I think it's 34 and 36x.

In that regards, using the lower QPI can make higher OCs easier, and sort of the same with base clock although it's hard to say if it's the base clock or the final speed that will cause the biggest problem.
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 22, 2010 7:42:13 PM

I just learned something, thanks dude!
m
l
!