Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard Utility Causing HDD To Show As Removable?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 18, 2009 3:42:34 PM

I was just tiding up my computer and installing a program called Easy Tune 6 (GigaByte) to notify me of the processor's temperature, while installing that I was also installing windows updates. I rebooted after they were all finished installing, when I started up a blue screen turned up out of no where after the windows loading bar was moving. The computer restarted and is fine, but now on the bottom right task bar it shows a safely remove icon. When I click on it, it shows my Hard Drive and Dvd/Cd Rom as two removable devices. With my curiosity I clicked stop for the HDD and nothing happened, just said couldn't remove, then I clicked on the Dvd/Cd Rom. When I checked the device manager it said that my rom was ready to be safely removed. Now my rom drive isn't responding and says it needs to be reconnected. I restarted my computer and its still ready to be removed and the icon is still there. I don't know if its the windows update or the easy tune 6 I just installed. :pfff: 

Some help will be supah appreciated! :) 
June 18, 2009 3:46:47 PM

Wow... I just unplugged my rom drive and windows played a usb remove sound, then I plugged it in again and now its displaying as a rom drive. I'm not concerned about this but its really annoying because I like as few icons on my taskbar as possible.
!