Sign in with
Your question

Loud beep noise when running overclock benchmarks??

Last response: in Overclocking
July 22, 2010 7:20:27 PM

Ok, so here's what I've got:

Phenom II 955 BE C3
Ultra X-blaster case
Ultra LSP550
WD Caviar Black 650GB
Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
2x2GB Blue Ripjaws set @ 1600mHz

Overclocked to 3.6gHz... idle temps are fine -- so I run Prime95. About a minute into the benchmarking a loud BUZZ (kind of a beeping noise) comes from my motherboard... and I can't pinpoint where exactly. When I STOP the benchmarking, the noise goes away. If I run the benchmarking on stock settings, there is no Buzz/Beep. The temps stay under 55C even under the full load, so I'm not sure why it's happening... Its a constant beeping noise, there are NO pauses.

Is this some kind of warning noise? Or is a cap that's screwed up on my motherboard. Everything is less than 2 weeks old... Please help!
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
July 23, 2010 9:53:27 PM

What temp does it reach in Prime95 while it makes that noise? Sounds almost like your board is warning you of a high temp.
m
l
July 24, 2010 9:49:23 PM

infamousjax said:
Ok, so here's what I've got:

Phenom II 955 BE C3
Ultra X-blaster case
Ultra LSP550
WD Caviar Black 650GB
Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
2x2GB Blue Ripjaws set @ 1600mHz

Overclocked to 3.6gHz... idle temps are fine -- so I run Prime95. About a minute into the benchmarking a loud BUZZ (kind of a beeping noise) comes from my motherboard... and I can't pinpoint where exactly. When I STOP the benchmarking, the noise goes away. If I run the benchmarking on stock settings, there is no Buzz/Beep. The temps stay under 55C even under the full load, so I'm not sure why it's happening... Its a constant beeping noise, there are NO pauses.

Is this some kind of warning noise? Or is a cap that's screwed up on my motherboard. Everything is less than 2 weeks old... Please help!

When It Makes That Noise your System is starting to hit its threshold of heat, wher you will start to dance your cpu and release smoke! Unless you like transistors smelling like burnt napalm in the morning I would underclock a little or crank up the ac
m
l
!