Windows 7 vs Windows Vista Gaming Benchmarks

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
well the point i guess, is gaming will get only better, I mean Vista was way lower than XP, even when it was officially out...this 1 is in Beta and it exchanges blows with Vista.

Honestly this windows should be a 0-50$ upgrade for retail holders with Ultimate in My opinion....I mean a new windows not even 3 years later....and the crappy support vista had in its 1st year. This is my opinion.

Either way its looking good, same gaming, with faster booting and overall more stable and easy to use OS. Finally....I don't like the start bar, at all.

Yeah, every reviewer I've seen thought the start/task bar was a bit weird. Hopefully they'll improve it in the final. I've always liked XP's bar personally. And the main reason I'll try Windows 7 soon after it comes out: I'll still be getting free Windows OSes through college :D

Well, I can get Ultimate for the price of the CD ($5) but I wanted 64-bit (and for some reason our Ultimate is only 32-bit) so I had to get Enterprise as a free download instead. Not sure exactly how it compares to Ultimate, but it has everything I need.

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
EXT64, is your college like mine that your license is only good as long as you still go to the college, though? Assuming you're a totally law-abiding student, that's a severe streak of not-as-much-fun.

eppinizer

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
:p Gotta love having full MSDN access...

BTW I would probably recommend trying out windows 7 on a seperate partition, it has a lot of spunk. However the 64bit really needs to be worked on... A lot of compatibility issues.

randomizer

Champion

I can't believe you expected to see a noticeable difference at all.

"Was" is the keyword there, it's typically faster than XP by a small margin now. Very small, and only in games.

thx for the link L1qu1d :)
In most games they are on par,and in some games vista has a lead over 7 and in few games 7 takes the lead,pretty good for beta OS,hopefully the final version will be better :)

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007

Thats exactly what I was set out to prove, that Vista was worse than XP, and it caught up to XP and some what beat it. While Windows 7 should be better, since its already caught up to Vista...it can go only up right?????

Then again we said the same thing with Vista, and the file Transfer over the network in windows 7 still isn't faster than Windows Xp.

Haha, well, to be fair I did technically pay for it. It was part of a bundle I had to buy when I started, so I consider it part of tuition. Even if you do count it as a separate purchase though, it was (is) an awesome deal and has saved me hundreds of dollars.