amd phenom ii x4 965
mobo: m4a785td -v evo
ram: gkill 1600 mhz 8 gb
cooler: corsair h50
antec 1200 case
graphic card: gtx 20
power supply: 750 watts
2 hdds: 1) 640 gb WD black and 2) 1.5 tb green WD

so i am trying to overclock via turbo v. is it an good idea? or what shall i use?
also can somebody give me best overclock ratio settings
like 4.0 ghz at 1.5 v or something like that.

also by default, ram is only 1333, i will have to oc to 1600 to reach its full potential, and i am all confused in bios. if somebody can show me how to do that, i would greatly appreciate it.
July 23, 2010 2:14:17 AM

Just leave that CPU on 'auto', it runs @ 3.2 GHz doesn't it?
If it's a Black Edition you can overclock it really easy...
But a 3.2 GHz quad-core is not really crying out for more speed, is it? LoL
That CPU can get really hot and it's important to use only the stock (default) CPU voltage.
You can OC it even if it's not a Black Edition, but it will get hot and use a ton of power, for very little gain.
1333 MHz RAM will be fine for you.
It provides 10.6 GB/s, so that's 20 GB/s+ (in dual channel).
More than adequate for your CPU, which I believe tops out at ~16 GB/s.
You can probably force it to 1600 MHz in your BIOS, but again you don't need the extra speed, and your motherboard would then change to use looser (slower) memory timings.
Just use it - concentrate on keeping it cool and happy. :) 
Regards
m
l
July 23, 2010 3:14:27 AM

ty for your reply its indeed BE and it rusn on 3.4 ghz. and tbh with ya, i only play counter strike on my pc. kinda over kill, but yea.

but reason i wanted to OC, was just due to my curiousity. i ordered expensive *** to just keep with with teh cooling. and i am pretty sure every guy who has built a pc was curious at 1 point to overclock. :) 
m
l
July 26, 2010 2:25:12 PM

shahjr said:
ty for your reply its indeed BE and it rusn on 3.4 ghz. and tbh with ya, i only play counter strike on my pc. kinda over kill, but yea.
but reason i wanted to OC, was just due to my curiousity. i ordered expensive *** to just keep with with teh cooling. and i am pretty sure every guy who has built a pc was curious at 1 point to overclock. :) 

Sure bro.
The BE is sweet CPU!
To run @ 3.4 it uses the AMD system clockrate of 200MHz.
The CPU will use its default 17x multiplier = 3.4GHz, but you could switch the multiplier to 18x giving 3.6GHz.
Others (without BE) need to increase the 200MHz system clock, because their CPU will be locked at stock, 17x or whatever...
For them, 212MHz x 17 = 3.6GHz
But better to run stock system clockrate, many components run off of it, not just CPU.
212MHz is not bad, but you gotta be calm about the system clock, don't be winding it up to 275MHz or something.
Change the AMD CPU multiplier one-by-one.
17 (stock), 18, 19 should work, 20 getting iffy... (4GHz!) but you will need to increase motherboard voltages and your room will heat up like an oven.
To achieve 4000MHz CPU, I would try 19x multiplier and 210MHz AMD system clock.
If it works it works.
Otherwise, fall back to 19x and 200MHz = 3.8GHz
Or 18 x 212MHz = 3.8GHz
Two different ways to get 3.8GHz, see?
The Black Edition is best because you can keep your AMD system clock at or near 200MHz, which is a great thing.
Forget the memory, 1333MHz is fine.
It's okay to run 1600MHz memory at 1333MHz because it will use tighter timings at that speed, and your CPU doesn't require faster.
Note: changing system clock to 210 or 212MHz WILL increase the memory speed above 1333MHz.
So if you were an old-school overclocker and your multiplier was locked, and you were increasing your system clock, the first thing you would need to do is change the memory from 1600MHz to 1333MHz!
(Because you can't be pushing it above 1600MHz, right?)
Just leave the memory and system clock at default, and work the CPU at 18x.
You will get easy 3.6GHz, painless.
CPU will get very hot with all four cores working, though...
L8R
m
l
!