Windows goes blank after splash screen.

Hi

After windows loads (right after the loading bar) the screen just goes blank and says no siginal (before the login screen).

This is on a new motherboard.

The system works pefectly fine with an analogue or my other Digital monitor, but this monitor doesnt want to boot.

I have tried putting it into VGA and Safemode and installing the latest drivers, and installing the drivers that I still have from 2 years ago and I know that work.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers, and then windows boots fine. It runs in the default 800x600 resolution and I cant change anything, and no drivers are installed. If I try to install any drivers I get a blank screen after they are finished installing.

The monitor was working perfectly fine 5 days ago with my other motherboard (faulty motherboard, got a new one) but it doesnt work on any other computers.

The graphics card is a Nvidia 8800 GTS 320mb and the Monitor is a 720p LCD monitor.

Thanks. I really would like some help as this must be the 4th problem I have run into while trying to fix my computer >.> .

(I am running Windows XP, and this is after I have taken it to a shop. They said they had to re-install windows).
2 answers Last reply
More about windows blank splash screen
  1. I have the same problem as you do, only in windows 7. When I boot into XP all is fine. The only way I got a digital connection to work was to hook directly to a monitor with just dvi to dvi. For some reason the dvi-hdmi connection I am using will not work while in 7. What cable(s) are you using when you lose signal?
  2. I think its a DVI to DVI? Im not sure about the cables, its the white one with the long thin connector instead of the blue fat one :)

I used the exact cables with each LCD monitor I tried. WOrked on one of them, not the other (mine).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers Graphics