Display jumping every 4 sec

G

I just upgraded my box from an AMD Athlon 64 2X 4200+ on an ECS nFORCE4M-A MoBo to an AMD Phenom 4X 920 on a GigaByte GA-MA78GM-US2H MoBo. I just do home office stuff, no games or high end graphics so I decided to just use the integrated Radeon HD 3200 Graphics on the MoBo to drive a dual monitor set up.

The upgrade went fairly well and at first the displays were fine. However, now (after a few days) my displays have an annoying "jump" that occurs about every 4 sec. I see a momentary row of blue "pipe" characters at about 1/8 inch intervals across the top 1/2 inch or so of the screen. They only last a few milliseconds and recur every 4 sec or so causing the displayed windows to bump down momentarily. It is quite annoying.

Sometimes I reboot and it does not occur and it does not seem to occur in "safe mode" at low resolution. Changing resolution changes the frequency of the jump.

I tried updating drivers to the latest from ATI that are included with Catalyst 9.1. That did not help.

I also noticed that sometimes when I reboot the issue resolves but I can not depend on that being consistent.

Any ideas would be appreciated.