Help me build a decent....

G

i need help to build a decent gaming comp. so heres a little info of what i want

Something that can multitask games, i am pretty much building this for world of warcraft. I want to spend as little as possible of cource (minus case less then $1200 hopefully). Something that can handle atleast 2 world of warcraft files at once while i alt tab without slowing.

Keep in mind the comp i run at now is soo bad i run at 7-12 fps max in warcraft lol, anything will be better:p

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
this is a model i7 build that costs roughly $1500 that I made up. It has an 850w psu so you can sli with it, but that could be cut to a 650 if you didn't intend to sli, and you could go with cheaper 1333mhz ram instead of the 1600. The heatsink is only necessary if you plan to overclock, and most people do with the i7, but you could get that later if it doesn't work for your budget. And if you already have an OS or could use windows 7 beta, then you don't need that Vista premium that I included. You said $1200 minus the case, do you already have one? If you do then you can knock $90 more off. (newegg ended their CM 690 case sale for $70 :( ). You could go cheaper still by using an older video card like the 9800GTX if all you need it for is WoW, but I like having the option of playing more graphics intensive games so I included a better graphics card.

If you took out the case, the CPU Cooler, downgraded to a 9800GTX, downgraded the PSU to corsair 650tx, and changed to 1333mhz memory then that puts you right about at $1200, S&H included.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=14386287

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
ok so i just took a look at newegg and with the changes I made in my last message to the original wish list and minus the case, total is $1160. That is without MIR and combos. The motherboard and i7 processor comes in a combo and saves you $30, and rebates save you $60. Shipping is $12.19 (at least to me). So net cost would be $1083.

Combo deal:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.155910

So at $1200, an i7 is definitely doable, which I think you should go for. There is even room there for a better video card and a case if you still need one. Hope this has been helpful.