Whats a "Good" Quiet case?

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Hey guys, whats a good ATX quiet case under 140$? I'm also open to other suggestions over 140$

No windows please :D, my current case is the antec 900, it's too loud so I'm probably going to change it.

the only thing in my computer making noise is the graphics card, i have a fanless heatsink ( Scythe Orochi )

thanks in advance.

oh and I wanna change my case cuz i leave my computer on overnight, and my bed is right beside it...

Your main problem is NOT the case.

And your graphics card is NOT the only thing you should have making noise. Your PSU fan will make some noise. You should also have at least one 120mm case fan, especially since your CPU has none. Nobody that builds computers would ever recommend you do without one with your hardware. (In fact, your graphics card sucking in hot air from your CPU and so might your PSU. Your noise might go down after adding an additional fan. Whatever. You NEED it.)

Other possible issues:
1) Do you have "Q-Fan" or similar fan control enabled in the BIOS? (only needed for CPU fan which I also recommend or for a Chassis fan.)
2) If you have XP (ignore for Vista), do you have the proper CPU drivers to enable Cool 'n Quiet? (also need "Minimal Power Management" selected for Power Control)
3) Do you have a PSU with good fan speed control?

Think about this. If your graphics card and PSU are the only noise makers, AND both blow their air out the rear of the case, why would a different case make much difference. It wouldn't. This is a pretty good case and you are very unlikely to make any noticeable difference with another one.

I'm not sure what you are expecting but you are not going to get a nice whisper quiet PC with any half-decent graphics card like you have.

Why do you leave your PC on all night?

If it's for downloading torrent, consider an external box that does this without your PC. I think there are routers and NAS that have bit torrent capability and just require a hard drive. Here's one example:
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=34475&vpn=LS-CH1.0TL&manufacture=Buffalo&promoid=1001