Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

New i7 build need help

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
July 24, 2010 6:07:56 PM

CASE= HAF 922

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6811119197

CPU= i7 930

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6819115225

MOBO= ASUS P6X58D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813131614

PSU= CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000HX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6817139007

VIDEO CARD= EVGA GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) SuperClocked (cost just as much as reg one with rebate and free game!)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814130551

RAM= gskill 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Cas 6

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820231352

HDD= Western Digital Caviar Black 7200 RPM 64 cache

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6822136533

CPU COOLER = CM hyper 212+ with push pull (mention other fans plz if you know a better one)

This is ment for gaming, plan on going sli later for Nvidia 3d surround with ACer 3d monitor (listed below)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6824009222

just wanted to know how this looks for the start of a build like that, any thoughts and advice would be very helpfull, also no need to comment about an SSD :-) already planned on getting vertex 2 100g later on.

also wanted to know if getting the g-skill ram fan is worth the 13 bucks.

also, does 480 run hot overclocked and if so if someone could suggest a fan for that as well.

Thanks for all future help

More about : build

a c 296 V Motherboard
a c 288 K Overclocking
July 25, 2010 2:59:30 AM

Hi.

1- Check ur link because doesn't works
2- The P6X58D Premium is overpriced u can go with the P6X58D-E and save a little money.
3- What is ur budget?
Score
0
July 25, 2010 5:48:52 PM

stop...stop....never go with nvidia...it has more price, more power Consumption but less performance......
get a hd 5970..if you've less budget then get hd 5870 and other one later for crossfire.... it has less price, less power Consumption but more performance as compare to nvidia.....
your other cpu parts are good...
Score
0
Related resources
a c 296 V Motherboard
a c 288 K Overclocking
July 25, 2010 6:58:33 PM

^The GTX480 is more faster that the 5870 even is the most faster single card in the world.

Right, the GTX480 use more power and produces more heat but nVidia still have something that ATI doesn't have: CUDA and PhyX.

U can't say that never go with nVidia if he prefer nVidia he should have some reasons for go with that GPU and not with ATI.
Score
0
a b K Overclocking
July 25, 2010 8:12:15 PM

kim_51 said:
stop...stop....never go with nvidia...it has more price, more power Consumption but less performance......
get a hd 5970..if you've less budget then get hd 5870 and other one later for crossfire.... it has less price, less power Consumption but more performance as compare to nvidia.....
your other cpu parts are good...


LOL kim you're spreading horrible ATI fanboy posts everywhere, knock it off.

A budget would be helpful.. but it looks pretty good so far. Saint's recommendation for the P6X58D-E is a good one, and I'm not sure if you plan on overclocking your CPU, but if you do plan on it and are going to shoot for around 4GHz, a better HSF would be nice. If not, that one is great.
Score
0
July 26, 2010 8:45:49 AM

saint19 said:
^The GTX480 is more faster that the 5870 even is the most faster single card in the world.

Right, the GTX480 use more power and produces more heat but nVidia still have something that ATI doesn't have: CUDA and PhyX.

U can't say that never go with nVidia if he prefer nVidia he should have some reasons for go with that GPU and not with ATI.





you are right saint but very few games need phyX... if more games use phyX then.... $ have no worth upon nvidia...but you can search benchmarks ati always rock... in more then 80% games...if you are comparing GTX 480 with hd 5870 ..is it fair dude? coz gtx 480 is even last and lil bit more expensive then hd 5870......
and ati have no phyX and CUDA then ...they have other weapons like eye-infinity... easy overclocking.....low power consumption ....less heat...less price.... better performance ..... with alot of new features....
i'm not saying that nvidia is not good...but among 2010 games ati better then nvidia......
Score
0
a b K Overclocking
July 26, 2010 4:09:48 PM

I have the 930 on a gigabyte X58A-UD3R ( received toms recommended buy) and have had no problems great board has my i7 @ 4.3ghz as for a heatsink, I went all out and picked up a noctua d-14 and I don't regret it at all. runs very cool. as for ram, i pad the extra for mushkin redline enhanced ddr3 1600 6-8-6-24 1T timings.. and am very satisfied
Score
0
a b K Overclocking
July 26, 2010 6:14:27 PM

kim_51 said:
you are right saint but very few games need phyX... if more games use phyX then.... $ have no worth upon nvidia...but you can search benchmarks ati always rock... in more then 80% games...if you are comparing GTX 480 with hd 5870 ..is it fair dude? coz gtx 480 is even last and lil bit more expensive then hd 5870......
and ati have no phyX and CUDA then ...they have other weapons like eye-infinity... easy overclocking.....low power consumption ....less heat...less price.... better performance ..... with alot of new features....
i'm not saying that nvidia is not good...but among 2010 games ati better then nvidia......


It's foolish to blindly and exclusively follow a company, especially when your facts aren't straight. It starts flame wars when the truth is that it's just preference and depends on the situation.

I don't know where you're getting "but you can search benchmarks ati always rock... in more then 80% games" because I look at benchmarks all day... and I sure as hell don't see it like this. You keep saying ATI has "better performance"... Just because you wish ATI would always perform better, doesn't mean they do. What happens to your ATI card when you turn on tessellation or high AA? Yes, a 480 costs more, but the price has been dropping (You can find them for $439.99, where as you can find a 5870 for $389.99) So now, the used to be $100 price difference, is $50.

Your point is also discredited because your complaints of heat and noise (which are over-exaggerated anyways) only apply to GF100 chips, not GF104, which actually consumes LESS power and creates LESS noise than ATI's current offerings while keeping all of the advantages: Amazing SLI scaling, PhysX, CUDA, and better performance with tessellation and other filters. ATI is good, Nvidia is good, it all depends on what the consumer is using it for.
Score
0
a c 296 V Motherboard
a c 288 K Overclocking
July 26, 2010 7:18:25 PM

^That's my point, not always nVidia is better or ATI is better just depends of the job that u need to do and maybe for the job that he need is better nVidia.
Score
0
August 26, 2010 7:47:17 AM

Y'know let's not fight here, the guy has made up his mind, and we need to respect his decision, making a suggestion is fine, just don't flame the guy who made it, he is trying to help... all of the Gigabyte x58 boards are good/pwnage.... =D
Score
0
a b K Overclocking
August 26, 2010 8:23:20 AM

Atotalnoob said:
Y'know let's not fight here, the guy has made up his mind, and we need to respect his decision, making a suggestion is fine, just don't flame the guy who made it, he is trying to help... all of the Gigabyte x58 boards are good/pwnage.... =D


What..........? Who made up who's mind? Respect who's decision? This thread is a month old lol.
Score
0
a c 296 V Motherboard
a c 288 K Overclocking
August 26, 2010 3:20:43 PM

^And u don't need reply to an old thread too.
Score
0
!