Choosing a Scythe cooler for Intel E6420

DeadnightWarrior

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2008
blogofthunder.eu
Hello all,
I'm fairly new to overclocking and I'd like a suggestion.
I know my Intel Core2Duo E6420 CPU is quite capable of running at least at 2.6 Ghz (vs. its 2.13 Ghz default speed) but when I tried to overclock it, it would only be stable at 2.33 Ghz. Anything above that speed resulted in a system crash.
I'm buying a better case, with a couple of 120 mm fans for air circulation (the case I'm using now is a very low budget product with no additional fans). Next, I'd like to replace the stock Intel cooler with a better one, but nothing over the top.
In the end, I'm interested in two Scythe coolers but can't decide which one is best for my purpose: the Shuriken rev. B or the Samurai ZZ. Both have a very affordable price tag, look solid, claim to be very quiet and support an average overclock.
Which one would you suggest?
Please keep in mind that my main concern is getting the CPU to run safely at 2.6 Ghz (or even above that, if possible!) but I'd also like a cooler that doesn't sound like a tornado.

My PC specs are as follows:
- Gigabyte GA-P35-S3 motherboard (Intel P35, rev. 1.0, latest BIOS installed) -> details
- Intel E6420 CPU -> details
- 2 x 2 Gb DDR2 Kingmax Mars
- ATI HD3870 512 Mb (reference design - could be replaced with an HD5770)
- Maxtor DiamondMax 10, 200 Gb SATA (will be replaced with a WD Caviar Black, 640 Gb)
- Hiper 530W PSU
- generic ATX midi tower case (will be replaced with a Cooler Master Elite 334)

Thank you for your help :)