Sims 2: Horrible thing happened

I don't know what was going on but I tried going to the Sims2 Clean
installer site to
see if there might be an updated version when all of a sudden, 40 pages
popped up saying
no such site or something to that effect. They just kept popping up
until I finally disabled my Internet
and finally got rid of them! It was awful!!! Strange things going on
lately.

Has this happened to anybody else lately.....like today maybe??

.....B

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>I don't know what was going on but I tried going to the Sims2 Clean
>installer site to
> see if there might be an updated version when all of a sudden, 40 pages
> popped up saying
> no such site or something to that effect. They just kept popping up until
> I finally disabled my Internet
> and finally got rid of them! It was awful!!! Strange things going on
> lately.

Have you scanned your computer for spyware lately? If you don't already have
them, grab yourself a copy of Lavasoft's Ad Aware and Spybot: Search and
Destroy.
http://security.kolla.de/