Dualview - how to play a game + watch a video

zaxtorrent

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
Dear forumers!

A usual setup for me is that I play some PC Game and my girlfriend watches some movie.
I have a 8800 GT a Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW, and a Samsung LCD TV with analog connection available.

So what i would like to achieve now, I had been doing for the past year no problem before i reinstalled windows!
I was able to play WoW or CIV IV or whatever PC game full screen on my monitor, while I was able to watch a .avi or whatever video file on the TV simultaneously.

Since I had reinstalled win, I can't do the same!

after I start the movie and then i start the PC game, the movie either freezes or the tv screen goes blank
then if I shut down the pc game the movie continues.

I have the exact same hardver setup now as before, same videocard + monitor + LCD TV.

I suspect the problem comes from either the driver or some wrong setup issue because these are the only things that changed after the winreinstall.

Any ideas guys?

Do I need some specific driver?
Should I retry some 1 year old ones?
Should I get some appllication to help me?
btw what I want, the simultanous pc game + video is it even officially possible?

pls help me, ms GF is killing me!:))

zaxtorrent

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I've finally got it everyone!!!

I managed to do it with vlc mediaplayer 0.8.6
go to settings, Video, check the advanced settings checkbox on the lower right, go on to outgoing modules subsetting and there from videooutgoing module choose OpenGL video output!

with these i can watch a movie on the tv and play on the monitor no problem at all!

Yippiee!

(i guess the key is to get the player to not play using directx or direct3d but with opengl, so if you can get a player to do this, it might work with other players as well)

Cheers!

maysen

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
I love you :')

It's been like 3 months i'm stuck with this freaking problem, avoiding it by playing window mode or borderless....
But I wanted to play an oooold game.. that doesn't know these modes (yes it does exist u_u) and so couldn't look at video anymoaaaaaar!!! outrageous!

It's been like 1 hour I've been looking all over the web in different language.. and finally: YOUR POST \o/

Thank you soooo much!