OCZ 14400-1800 megahertz question.

I have a quick question, My memory is too much for my Intel Core I3. The timings on my memory are 8 8 8 @ 1.95v at 1800 megahertz. The I3 processor can only handle a maximum of 1333 megahertz unless your using PC3 12800 (1600 megahertz) for overclocking purposes. Is there a way to drop the timings to where the voltage drops also so i may use them without screwing up my processor? My computer likes to freeze up with the way the memory is now. Thanks for your time,

Mike
5 answers Last reply
More about 14400 1800 megahertz question
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Try with 7-7-7-24 @ 1.65V and test the rig with memtes86+ or prime95 for some minutes.

P.D. Drop your signature banner size to a maximum of 75 X 400
  2. Okay, i will try and report back, thanks. Your banner request is done also.

Mike
  3. saint19 said:
    Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Try with 7-7-7-24 @ 1.65V and test the rig with memtes86+ or prime95 for some minutes.

P.D. Drop your signature banner size to a maximum of 75 X 400

Thanks for your reply, as soon as i got passed the password area the computer froze. The wierd thing is the fact that when i place a 1333 mhz memory chip in the board everything works fine at standard voltage but as soon as i place that OCZ 1800 mhz chip in the board, it freezes and that same OCZ chip works with a i5 and i7 processor in the same Biostar board. I know it has something to do with the voltage that the memory demands (8 8 8 @ 1.95v), i thought that maybe there was a way around it so that i could use it with my i3 and not have to go through the trouble of trying to trade this OCZ memory in for a lower grade chip. Thanks for your help, any advice would be great!
  4. If the rig isn't stable at that voltage and times u can take the risk to rise the voltage a little more but on ur own risk since this can damage the RAM controller of the CPU.
  5. First find out what Intel recommends for your processor as far as RAM voltage goes.

Intel just upped the i5/i7 (8 series) to 1.8v last month, so you may want to have a look at the Intel data sheet for your processor to see what it is, then you may be able to up the voltage a little bit.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory OCZ Processors Overclocking