Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P freezing

JSSU

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
Hi guys, I have built-up a new desktop with Gigabyte MB.

My rig.

MB: Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P (rev. 1.0)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Memories: Kingston KVR1333D3K2 (DDR3, 1333) *2
Graphic Card: EVGA Geforce GTS 250 (512MB)
Power Supply: Antec TruePower, New TP-650W

============================================

Since the first day I have built this computer, it froze during the first time of installing Windows Vista -32bit.
And later it froze periodically. No matter during the booting, signing in the Windows, or gaming.
The screen host, and both keyboard and mouse are not working, the only way is to reboot it.

I have tried updating the BIOS to F7 which is the latest one, updating the drivers to the latest, and I have uninstalled Gigabyte's Energy Saver which is said would cause computers freeze. However, all of them don't stop the freezing.

Please help me to fix it, or I have to refund it this week, the 30days return policy is almost due. Your help is really appreciated.

Mondoman

Splendid
Download a free bootable CD image of memtest86+, burn it as a CD, and boot from that CD. Let the memory testing software run for a number of hours or overnight, and make sure there are no errors.
From your description, it sounds like it could be a bad memory module.

Next, you can try downloading Ubuntu, burning it as a CD, and booting from that, running Ubuntu "Live" from the CD without installing it. If that works without problems, the hardware is probably OK.