Sign in with
Your question

VCore fluctuation question

Last response: in Overclocking
July 26, 2010 3:12:26 PM

I'm overclocking my Phenom 955 BE to 3.6 (full specs in sig below) and have my VCore set to 1.38 in BIOS. Everything is stable and I have no issues however when my computer wakes up from Hibernate (I usually set it to do that every night before I go to bed), the voltage will raise to 1.42. It will go back down to the 1.38 level if I restart the PC but I can't figure out why it would raise on it's own, especially if I have it set in BIOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
July 26, 2010 3:56:59 PM

First off, I'd like to point out that any answer is better than no answer at all. :kaola: 

So, I don't have much knowledge of your problem, as I don't use hibernate at all.

BUT, it could very well be just the windows hibernate is messing with the appilaction you use to tell your vCore (CPU-Z ;)  ).

Other than that, I have no idea. Try google power searching for people with similar problems. Hell, probably some posts on this website itself about the issue.

Maybe hibernate can alter your BIOS settings, which is possible btw, when it comes out of sleeping... :heink: 
m
l
!