I7 Build Sanity Check and PSU advice

Massifsam

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Hi All, after a catastrophic power supply failure on my old machine at the weekend, I'm having to bring forward my new build in a bit of a rush and was hoping someone could look over my prospective build just to make sure and also to advise on PSU wattage.

Current build is looking like this:

CPU - i7 920
Motherboard - ASUS P6T Deluxe
RAM: G.Skill 3Gb (3x1) 1600MHz
GFX: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024MB
Case: Antec 900
Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366

I'll eventually add another 4870 and an extra 3Gb of RAM when the financial advisor says I'm allowed to ;) I'll only be running two HDD and a DVD RW but I'm unsure of power supply to cover the second card. I'm thinking of the Corsair TX 750, but will happily bow to advice.

Does anyone have any experience of the Noctua cooler fitting into the Antec 900 case as well?

Any speedy replies gratefully received! :lol:

Beautiful build. Add a WD6401AALS or two and a SH-S223F.

Get this PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W PSU for $70 after rebate. It's $30 less than the 750TX and better too. Both these PSUs are perfect for your build including the second video card.

The NH-U12P fits in the Antec 900 if you take off the inside fan housing on the side of the case. I'd recommend getting a NZXT Tempest instead.

Massifsam

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Thanks for the help Aevm, really appreciated!

I've gone with your advice and I'm very glad to say the order is placed and on its way. Hopefully I'll be up and working again in a couple of days :D

Thanks again!