Recovery

I got a virus off the internet called Adware virus. I
went to the regedit to repair the damage because the
symantex(Norton's)suggest that to repair the damage by
deleting files from the registry. Now the computer would
not bootup correctly. Please help me recover without
reloading all the software again.

David;
Reboot pressing F8 each second.
Select Safe Mode at the menu.
Log in as Administrator.

Then:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
Select date/time before this started.

If that fails perform a Repair Installation:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]