Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Fan Controller

Last response: in Overclocking
July 26, 2010 6:50:03 PM

I am in need of some advice about my current fan controller which is a NZXT Sentry LX. It claims to be able to control 5 fans and I have it connected to 5 fans but the display only shows and lets me control 2 of the 5 fans. The temp sensors are working for all 5 of them just not the fans. Any advice about where I went wrong or what the issue might be would be appreciated. Also, any advice about a different fan controller that might work better would be great as well.

More about : fan controller

Best solution

July 26, 2010 7:57:58 PM

Solid reliable Fan Controllers: Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme (Mod the leds) or Lamptron FC-5.

Well, I've never owned a NZXT product and generally tend to stay away from the brand from what I've heard (check newegg reviews), but anyway:

Check the fans. Can you switch them around and test if they work on other channels?

What Ampere ratings are the fans? Are you running some Kaze Master 3000 rpm fans or silent slowrunning Noctuas?

Depending on the version, your fan controller can handle 4-6W/Channel apparently. Some fans might require more than that. Most don't. Just to compare, the Lamptron/Sunbeam can handle 30W/channel.
July 31, 2010 7:09:07 AM

Best answer selected by jckm14.
m
l
July 31, 2010 7:13:06 AM

inquartata said:
Solid reliable Fan Controllers: Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme (Mod the leds) or Lamptron FC-5.

Well, I've never owned a NZXT product and generally tend to stay away from the brand from what I've heard (check newegg reviews), but anyway:

Check the fans. Can you switch them around and test if they work on other channels?

What Ampere ratings are the fans? Are you running some Kaze Master 3000 rpm fans or silent slowrunning Noctuas?

Depending on the version, your fan controller can handle 4-6W/Channel apparently. Some fans might require more than that. Most don't. Just to compare, the Lamptron/Sunbeam can handle 30W/channel.

Also is there any fan controllers that have 4 pin fan connections instead of only the 3 pin?
m
l
!