Sign in with
Your question

RAM Speed

Last response: in Motherboards
June 22, 2009 7:48:55 AM

I hv a 2GB DDR2 RAM of 667mhz from Orchids Company....

will getting a ram of 800mhz be helpful in increasing the speed of my computer???

plz Help me!!

More about : ram speed

a c 96 V Motherboard
June 22, 2009 8:03:32 AM

How is it slow? What OS do you have?

I'm guessing ram speed isn't the issue. Tell us about your computer and whats wrong with it.
June 25, 2009 7:55:02 AM

My computer's specifications.....
motherboard-Intel DG31PR
RAM-2.00 GB
Processor- Intel Pentium D Dual Core 2.80ghz (2 CPU's) (version 820)

its not slow....but its the graphics dat is d problem....i can't even play the games that run smoothly on 256 mb ram like NFS Unerground...etc etc.
but my administrator says that if i install a 800mhz ram my cpu will burn out...

help me if u can...
Related resources
a c 96 V Motherboard
June 25, 2009 3:22:48 PM

Why? Why oh why? If your going to ask for help, give us DETAILS.

Lets see, you have a P31 chipset board, 2GBs of ram, and an old P4D @ 2.8GHz. It sounds like your trying to play games, but you didn't list the video card. Or the resolution. If you want help, we need to know what you have, what your trying to do, and what errors your getting. If I had to guess, which I'd have to do considering the lack of information, your trying to game on an old system, and have no video card. Its also possible you have a virus problem or some other issue. Please fill in the blanks, its hard to answer your question without them.
July 8, 2009 9:13:20 AM

Video Card Properties (as seen on dxdiag on run menu)

Name - Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer - Intel Corporation
Chip type - Intel(R) GMA 3100
DAC Type - Internal
Approx. Total Memory - 128.0 MB
Current Display Mode - 1280 X 1024 (32 bit) (85hz)
Monitor - Default Monitor]

DirectDraw : Enabled
Direct 3D Acceleration : Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration : Not Available

i'm running windows xp
if there's anything else u want 2 know.....reply
a c 96 V Motherboard
July 8, 2009 10:27:13 AM

Ok, you have a GM3100. If your trying to play video games, you have to use a real video card. Does that motherboard have a PCIe slot? How much money can you spend on a video card? To clearify, you aren't trying to play solitare right? I doubt you need more ram, try buying a video card.
July 22, 2009 1:10:55 PM

yes....my motherboard supports x16 as well as x1 graphics connector....

ya...i want 2 play games like nfs most wanted, underground, gta san andreas....dat run on all my 4rnds computer who hv no graphics card....

i can spend 2000- 3000 rupees for a good graphics card...
a c 96 V Motherboard
July 22, 2009 2:22:11 PM

Seeing as I don't live in India (a shock to you I'm sure) can you please list what video cards are available to you? From that list I can pick out the "best" performer.

Quote:
ya...i want 2 play games like nfs most wanted, underground, gta san andreas....dat run on all my 4rnds computer who hv no graphics card....

I'm no expert on reading IM "speech", it sounds like your "friends" can play these games without "having" a real video card themselves while you can't. I'm not sure why this would be, perhaps if I had their and your system specs I'd be able to figure it out.
August 4, 2009 5:18:10 PM

1 of my friend's computer specs are:-
2GB RAM
motherboard- ga81945gz-me from gigabyte
processor-intel pentium D 3.1 ghz (2 CPU's)

nfs most wanted, underground, gta san andreas.....and many more runs smoothly on his computer....
so what to do?
a c 96 V Motherboard
August 4, 2009 11:12:09 PM

I don't have his video card. Could also be a heat issue. If your CPU is getting to hot, then it will throttle itself down to a lower speed.
August 12, 2009 5:34:07 PM

i think you are right....my cpu used to get immensely hot when i bought it first....but i didn't care about the issue as i didn't know much about computers then.....
my comp used to get automatically switched off when it used to get very hot.....it reached a temperature of about 80 degrees one day....

one thing i want to know is that what is the highest and the latest series of graphics card i can put in my comp (hope you already know my comp specs) of ATI and nVIDIA? I need a video memory of 1GB (PCI x16).

Thank you for your help...

a c 96 V Motherboard
August 12, 2009 11:31:02 PM

Quote:
Seeing as I don't live in India (a shock to you I'm sure) can you please list what video cards are available to you? From that list I can pick out the "best" performer.

You don't need 1GB of Vram.
August 22, 2009 9:13:43 AM

Why do you think I don't need 1 GB Vram?
isn't that supported in my computer?

I am getting ATI Radeon XFX 4670 and nVIDIA 9400GT and 9800GT.(1 GB Series)
Are these supported in my computer?

Help me pick out the "best performer" as you said so...
a c 96 V Motherboard
August 22, 2009 11:57:43 AM

9800GT would perform the fastest. A 512MB 4670 would work as well. Avoid the 9400GT.
August 22, 2009 6:28:01 PM

Are these compatible with my computer?

i have my hearts set on the 1 GB version.

i can't do with 512 MB.....i need more than that (1 GB). When I'm going play games, it will be hardcore gaming.

I can also get the ATI 4700 series, or even the 4800 if they are compatible.

And one thing which brand do you prefer ATI or nVIDIA?

So will these work? Or should i change my processor first?
!