ppc Windows Media Player new install??

July 21, 2004 3:00:34 AM

I removed windows media player from my pocket pc (2002
device) since I thought it could be easily re-installed.
I found this was not the case. I've downloaded and
installed the 7.1 version that is available on
microsoft.com; but this doesn't work. When I choose the
program, it flashes on the screen of the ppc and
disappears. Anyone's help with this issue is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, Dave
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 4:00:32 PM

Generally the WMP version can be uninstalled and installed without any
problem

but in some rare instances the pocket pc generates some problem.

possible solutions

1. Try to install from the CD given with with ur Device by OEM
2.Download WMP version 8.1 from microsoft and try to install

3. Take a data backup of ur device and hard reset your device.then try to
install the WMP with it

--
Thanks

Arvind

--
"eRiva Systems" - Where Technology Meets Life, Every Minute.

www.erivasystems.com

"Dave8993" <david_mald@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I removed windows media player from my pocket pc (2002
> device) since I thought it could be easily re-installed.
> I found this was not the case. I've downloaded and
> installed the 7.1 version that is available on
> microsoft.com; but this doesn't work. When I choose the
> program, it flashes on the screen of the ppc and
> disappears. Anyone's help with this issue is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Dave
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 11:27:04 PM

Arvind, Dave - The WMP8.1 is lost in space on MS site - the download
links have been pulled and replaced with links to the XP media player
page.

I chatted with a guy last week, he kindly posted the WMP8.1 for PPC
download onto microsoft.public.pocketpc.binaries, so that we've got a
copy of it handy. I would look on there for it - posted friday 16th
July, google for message ID 10fe3ii528vk421@corp.supernews.com

Cheers - Neil

!