Sign in with
Your question

Microphone problem (the sound is not clear, scratching)

Last response: in Components
April 25, 2009 9:11:26 AM

Hi. For few days, friends are telling me, that when i talk, my sound is not clear, that they hear some sort of scratching, tik tik voices when i speak... I made test call on skype, and i noticed that when i talk, this really happens....

So i bought myself a new headphones and same problem...I dont know whats the problem, but i think that problem started when i moved headphones from rear panel to front panel jack....but not sure about that!!!

Im using asus p5kc motherboard and realtek HD audio manager. What seems to cause the problem, im not sure. Tried to move the heapdhones from front to rear panel, and same problem....I also disconnected the front panel cable on motherboard, but cant test, because headhpones wont work on rear then...

Please, i need some help and solutions. TY have a great day.
April 25, 2009 9:42:56 AM

Hi m8, just get yourself a new sound card for 10 quid, and your problems should be solved. Or just get a new microphone!
April 25, 2009 9:46:08 AM

Well i bought new headphones with microphone...and same problem
Related resources
April 25, 2009 1:08:39 PM

perolord said:
So i bought myself a new headphones and same problem...I dont know whats the problem, but i think that problem started when i moved headphones from rear panel to front panel jack....but not sure about that!!!

You can test that easy :)  just move the new mic in the back again and see if it's ok or u get the ticks again. If it's ok it means your front panel conector/cable is damadged or loose and the crackling sound you hear is the static that results from that.
January 5, 2010 9:32:39 AM

hii try going to Sound in control panel and click recording devices and there u can see u r microphone select and click properties in levels bring down the microphone volume to 10 and microphone boost to 0. I had the same problem and this worked a lot.

if u r running in a laptop try running it in battery mode and repeat the above procedure.

-Livil Lyle
!