Sign in with
Your question

ADI 1980 AC97 Codec sound card

Last response: in Windows XP
July 2, 2011 5:50:29 PM

Hello, my sound is stop working now after delete a couple of programs. Computer can not install the driver because the driver can not be found. I've tried to download drivers, but still can not fix the problem. Can any expert help me?
July 2, 2011 6:31:32 PM

You mean the Realtech AC 97?

Do you still have it listed in the device manager under sounds?
If so, check if it's disabled, or try to do an update from there! On one of my friends computer I disabled it and then enabled it again. I know it doesn't make any cents, but you could try.

If it's not listed in there and you got the right driver but can't install it then you should try installing it from safe mode.

You should also install klite codec pack or the mega one.

Hope it helps! :hello: 

m
l
July 9, 2011 1:08:29 AM

me 1 said:
You mean the Realtech AC 97?

Do you still have it listed in the device manager under sounds?
If so, check if it's disabled, or try to do an update from there! On one of my friends computer I disabled it and then enabled it again. I know it doesn't make any cents, but you could try.

If it's not listed in there and you got the right driver but can't install it then you should try installing it from safe mode.

You should also install klite codec pack or the mega one.

Hope it helps! :hello: 

It's ADI 1980 AC97 Codec. It's listed on other. Cannot find driver & can not install either.
m
l
Related resources
July 9, 2011 1:09:29 AM

It's ADI 1980 AC97 Codec. It's listed on other. Cannot find driver & can not install either.
m
l
July 9, 2011 1:42:25 AM

By the way, how to get to save mode? Thanks.

Michelle
m
l
July 9, 2011 5:15:04 PM

I'm not sure that's your sound card. And if it is, its manufacturer could be intel, soundmax, or realtek. You could try finding their drivers and try, because I think all 3 have a ADI 1980 AC97.
Ok, let's see:

If you don't have it listed on sounds under device manager, then click start, then RUN then type dxdiag and press enter.
Wait for it to load, and under the sound tab look at device and then name.
That should be your sound card.(Another way is to go to control panel under sound and audio devices and check hardware or audio tabs.) It's important that we find your manufacturer. Also could you say what computer do you have?

About safe mode:
Safe mode it's basically your Windows with minimum stuff loaded, so you can repair and configure things.
Safe mode: If you have found a sound driver , then you could try to install it from safe mode.
1.Restart your computer and keep pressed down the F8 key.
2. A Windows menu will appear. Select Safe mode with the arrows, and press enter. Don't panic of the files you see loading on the screen, just wait, so that the files load. Select your user and agree to enter safemode.
U use it like your normal Windows, but you don't have access to some things. Just try to install you driver from there!

Good luck! :hello: 

m
l
July 10, 2011 8:53:40 PM

I did installed drivers, but I still get big yellow mark under other device:multimedia audio controller. code 28...... What to do?
m
l
!