Solution
Run a CPU temperature monitoring tool. When running Prime95 watch the temperature of the CPU climb and level off to a plateau. I would leave Prime95 running for about 15 minutes and then stop it to let the CPU cool down to its idle temperature for 15 minutes, that is what I would use a a single cycle. You should be able to repeat this cycle about 4 times in a 2 hour curing time. If you would rather run more cycles in the 2 hour curing period just shorten the run time and cool down times to 10 minutes instead of 15 minutes.

You can run Prime95 and let it cool down and just keep doing this several times because this thermal cycling causes the "curing" (i.e. smoothing out and leveling of the Thermal Interface Material).

Run a CPU temperature monitoring tool. When running Prime95 watch the temperature of the CPU climb and level off to a plateau. I would leave Prime95 running for about 15 minutes and then stop it to let the CPU cool down to its idle temperature for 15 minutes, that is what I would use a a single cycle. You should be able to repeat this cycle about 4 times in a 2 hour curing time. If you would rather run more cycles in the 2 hour curing period just shorten the run time and cool down times to 10 minutes instead of 15 minutes.

Solution

tonkatuffmofo

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008

^^^+1 You will see no real temperature improvement by going to all that effort of running stopping prime.

Generally speaking, your paste will cure itself over a 2 day period regardless of how you use it.

A quick check with prime95 and a temperature monitoring tool is always handy though after reapplication of paste and cooler, just to make sure everythings working as it should.