CPU Temps on my new PC

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
  • Core
  • Dual Core
Last response: in CPUs
April 25, 2009 8:14:18 PM

hey everyone i need a little help Ihav recently built a new Dual Core system its working great w/o overclocking but i the problem is here my core temps vary from

Core 1: 28C - 34C
Core 2: 35C - 44C (this one is the trouble)

overall CPU temp : 20C-33C

what i think is might be that i hav installed the heatsink wrongly as a result i am having high Core 2 temp........answers r welcome...........thanks in advance

More about : cpu temps

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 25, 2009 8:29:01 PM

My e8400 runs on idle:

Core 1: 33 C
Core 2: 40 C

Runs great, had it over one year, reseated the stock cooler a dozen times with Artic Silver with no change.

m
l
April 25, 2009 8:33:50 PM

whats temps under load? Those are what matter.
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2009 1:55:14 AM

Sorry for that short info. in first message I hav an E5200 crunntely running at 2.50GHz. Well thats right I am also planning to reseat the stock cooler but I am not sure if there is probably any need of doing so. Now the temps under load are as follows:

Core 1: 39C - 42C
Core 2: 42C - 48C

overall CPU temp : 33C - 39C

these are the maximum temps i hav ever reached since past month. I also forgot to mention that I once reached a clock of 2.8Ghz by overclocking this chip it worked fine but I now prefer running it w/o overclocking since I am not in such need. At the end just want to ask should I remove and reseat my stock cooler or not?
m
l
April 26, 2009 4:01:46 AM

I have the E7400 and was getting temps waaaay higher than that with the stock HSF... Settled for the Akasa AK-955 eventually. Used Akasa silver-oxide paste to mount it and I have yet to push the temps past 42C both cores full load...

http://www.akasa.co.uk/akasa_english/spec_page/coolers/...

The only difference between the one pictured in the link above and the one I brought was the lack of pre-applied thermal interface material, hence the use of the Akasa thermal paste.
m
l
April 26, 2009 5:03:11 AM

download and run Prime95 to find your temps under load. If they stay under 65 then they should be fine. If they go higher you may want to consider reseating your heatsink (and make sure to take off the old thermal paste and apply new thermal paste if that is the case)
m
l
April 26, 2009 8:15:42 AM

kyeana said:
download and run Prime95 to find your temps under load. If they stay under 65 then they should be fine. If they go higher you may want to consider reseating your heatsink (and make sure to take off the old thermal paste and apply new thermal paste if that is the case)

thanks, I am going to try this Prime95 hope the temp do stay under 60C........I will report the temps under load soon
m
l
!