jay

Will the game simville ever be released? I was really wanting to play that
game, it was like "The sims" and "Sim City" all rolled into one.

But then it got shelved.

Anyone have a clue if it will come back to life?

Jay wrote:
> Will the game simville ever be released? I was really wanting to play that
> game, it was like "The sims" and "Sim City" all rolled into one.
>
> But then it got shelved.
>
> Anyone have a clue if it will come back to life?

Sorry, no. Simsville closed production about a month before it was due to be
released. The company issued a statement about the game-play not being as
enjoyable as they had hoped. (I believe they even used the word "boring".)

My understanding was that it became The Sims Online....................and
it was boring, lol.

> My understanding was that it became The Sims Online....................and
> it was boring, lol.

It doesn't seem very similar to TSO to me. I think what I read is that they
went with the better concepts being part of SImcity4 and The Sims 2 and gave
up on the things that made it dull.

Gareeth

Jay wrote:
> Will the game simville ever be released? I was really wanting to play that
> game, it was like "The sims" and "Sim City" all rolled into one.
>
> But then it got shelved.
>
> Anyone have a clue if it will come back to life?

Not unless someone holds a seance.

--
--Cuth

jay

sorry to say, the sims urbz was the boringest game ever

--
Jay Yates
son: Andy [7/31/2003]
"Katiya" <katiyaNO@SPAMhotmail.THANKScom> wrote in message

> Jay wrote:
>> Will the game simville ever be released? I was really wanting to play
>> that game, it was like "The sims" and "Sim City" all rolled into one.
>>
>> But then it got shelved.
>>
>> Anyone have a clue if it will come back to life?
>
> Sorry, no. Simsville closed production about a month before it was due to
> be released. The company issued a statement about the game-play not being
> as enjoyable as they had hoped. (I believe they even used the word
> "boring".)

Katiya waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
tried again and came up with:
> Jay wrote:
>> Will the game simville ever be released? I was really wanting to
>> play that game, it was like "The sims" and "Sim City" all rolled
>> into one.
>>
>> But then it got shelved.
>>
>> Anyone have a clue if it will come back to life?
>
> Sorry, no. Simsville closed production about a month before it was
> due to be released. The company issued a statement about the
> game-play not being as enjoyable as they had hoped. (I believe they
> even used the word "boring".)

They said that once you got beyond decorating offices, there really wasn't
much to do...

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

"Jay" <jayyates@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Will the game simville ever be released? I was really wanting to play that
> game, it was like "The sims" and "Sim City" all rolled into one.
>
> But then it got shelved.
>
> Anyone have a clue if it will come back to life?

Even if none of the problems that made them scrap it existed, it's now
several years since it was in development. Technology changes and improves
all the time, and Simsville wouldn't take advantage of the full capabilities
of today's systems. In addition to being "boring" as one of the other posts
says, it would be dated. It's too late now, it's never coming back to life.

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message

> "Jay" <jayyates@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Will the game simville ever be released? I was really wanting to play
that
> > game, it was like "The sims" and "Sim City" all rolled into one.
> >
> > But then it got shelved.
> >
> > Anyone have a clue if it will come back to life?
> >

> Even if none of the problems that made them scrap it existed, it's now
> several years since it was in development. Technology changes and improves
> all the time, and Simsville wouldn't take advantage of the full
capabilities
> of today's systems. In addition to being "boring" as one of the other
posts
> says, it would be dated. It's too late now, it's never coming back to
life.

Never say never................. :)