Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooler Master
  • Fan Speed
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
July 28, 2010 11:35:30 AM

Hello everybody,

I bought yesterday two pieces of Cooler Master Excalibur R4-EXBB-20PK-R0. They were supposed to run between 600-2000 RPM +-10%. They are actually running at 2200-2300 RPM, and it would be fine with me regarding better ventilation, but the problem is that they are peeking a huge level of noise :( 
I'm doing fine with my CPU temperature without them (about 45-55 Celsius Degrees), so I would prefer them to work at the lowest RPM possible (600 RPM). I've tried with SpeedFAN but it's not working to set the RPM from there.. I've sent also a mail to support to the guys from Cooler Master but no reply yet.. So useless buy for the moment.. Can any1 help me? :cry: 

Here is my config:

CPU:Intel / i7-920
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake SpinQ VT
M/B:Gigabyte / GA-X58A-UD3R (rev.2.0)
VGA:Gigabyte / Ati Radeon HD5850
Memory: Kingstone / 6GB
HDD: Western Digital / 1TB Sata3
PSU: Corsair / Corsair Power Supply TX750 750W
Case: Cooler Master

The stock coolers are very silent, and i want to install these 2 CM 120mm fans on the side of the case (even if I found out that I can install only one because of the processor cooler).

More about : cooler master excalibur exbb 20pk set fan speed

July 29, 2010 8:35:33 PM

does anyone have an answer for me? :(  please..
July 30, 2010 4:30:41 AM

I would've recommended trying Speedfan, but since that didn't work you could always get a Fan Controller, but that would probably be a matter of budget. I recently bought one for pretty cheap and am enjoying it but I can't think of any other free methods aside from Speedfan.
Related resources
October 18, 2010 8:20:27 AM

You can check the voltage you are supplying the fans using a multi meter then solder variable resistors in the wire so you can adjust the voltage and the fan speed will follow. Probably you are supplying 12v to those if your connected to the 4pin molex so you need the proper resistor to get it to 6v. Ask an someone who knows how to calculate properly I'm no expert in this.
September 26, 2011 1:09:10 PM

a cheap fan controller (gelid 1 channel fan controller) should work also if you buy other fans in the future you could use it to test for the right performance to noise ratio. If you want a more high end solution buy a 4 channel or 6 channel fan controller. I bought one and am enjoying manipulating the speed of the fans to suit the needed performance. (Fan controllers are like the resistors jefreynnv is talking about they reduce the amount of voltage the fan receives thus lower speeds also if you have led fans, not PWM, the lights also dim)
January 14, 2012 5:45:48 PM

Darzales said:
Hello everybody,

I bought yesterday two pieces of Cooler Master Excalibur R4-EXBB-20PK-R0. They were supposed to run between 600-2000 RPM +-10%. They are actually running at 2200-2300 RPM, and it would be fine with me regarding better ventilation, but the problem is that they are peeking a huge level of noise :( 

Mine's the same as yours. While all my other case fans (2 others) are running about 750rpm, this one is "singing" at between 1250-1350 RPM. I've tried it all the chassis fan plugs on the motherboard and it's the same.

I7-920
Coolermaster Hyper212
ASUS P6X58-E Pro
Corsair DDR3 16GB
Raid 5 2TB
Corsair 650W
Win7-64
Related resources
!