Hard drive wont open and wants to format but wont

Hello,
i tried to clone my computer hard drive to an external. now the external wont open and when i try it wants me to format. when i try it says windows wasnt able to format drive.how do i get it formatted.
4 answers Last reply
More about hard drive wont open format wont
  1. how did you clone the HD?
    How is the external connected?
    What OS?
    Any other info you can give that might help... can you see the HD in partition manager?
  2. gtvr said:
    how did you clone the HD?
    What OS?
    Any other info you can give that might help... can you see the HD in partition manager?

same problem but i didnt used it 4 cloning i used it like restore device, win7 ultimate, usb connection, i can see it in the partition manager only if i opend it before connecting the HDD, once i click on the hdd in my computer the whole windows explorer dont respond, the windows dont let me format it but it says it need a format, tried cmd to format but didnt work.

please its really important and i need the hdd, help me :(

Majd
  3. gtvr said:
    What OS?

same problem but i didnt used it 4 cloning i used it like restore device, win7 ultimate, usb connection, i can see it in the partition manager only if i opend it before connecting the HDD, once i click on the hdd in my computer the whole windows explorer dont respond, the windows dont let me format it but it says it need a format, tried cmd to format but didnt work.

Majd
  4. gtvr said:
    What OS?

Majd
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Computer Format Storage