Sign in with
Your question

Battery staus icon on HP windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
July 3, 2011 1:01:17 PM

Hello,
I have a HP compaq 6720s running on Win XP SP3. The battery status icon doesn't display in spite of it being set to do so in power management. The icon is however not showing in the task bar-properties even not in the hidden ones.
Can anybody help? Thank you so much.
Gabi
July 3, 2011 3:25:19 PM

Check device manager in Batteries for microsoft ACPI compliant control method batery, maybe it needs an update or it is disabled.
July 3, 2011 5:59:08 PM

You are probably right, I tried to search for the driver but I always get tricky sites with no real downloads for free.. I just received an e-mail from a pcpitstop with a link and when I click on it there is nothing to download .... just the homepage of microsoft. I am not so experienced in downloading drivers. If there is no other way I will have to ask somebody to look on my laptop physically. Thx.
July 3, 2011 6:27:24 PM

Well, you can try directly from device manager by double clicking Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and go to the driver tab and click update. Or you can try to roll it back to the previous version.

I think the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is installed when you install Windows, so it should be on the Win CD, the trouble is that I don't know where in it!

If I'll find the driver I'll let you know !
:hello: 
!