Computer beep code boot failiure

hero16

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Ok so i rigged up my old computer parts with some new once to build a computer out of all that so i had an old motherboard CPU still attached when i installed it 1 slot ddr2 633 mhz ram ( i know it;s low) 8800 GS 326 MB video cards 6000 Mhz dual core 64x athlon and hdd western digitial 160 Gigs with some simple dvd rom so any way i installed 2 extra fens riged it all up i started it and it worked yeah that's great but i don't get any picture in my monitor what so ever and after like 1 min of working time it gives first 2 very close to eatch other beeps then 9 or 10 separated short beeps not sure of the right number however (the motherboard was left in it's box for over 2 months+ unused along with the processor) so if u people have any tips that might help me resolve this make sure u write them anything at all

Mondoman

Splendid
1) Top tip -- punctuation is your friend and helps your readers understand you.
2) Top tip -- the spelling checker is your other friend and helps your readers understand you.
3) 6000MHz is really fast for an Athlon; maybe it's that fast because of the 64 cores? :)
What CPU model number are you using? What motherboard model number are you using? What model number CPU cooler are you using? Did you attach all power connectors to MB and to graphics card?

He probably means one of these: 3GHz Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU.

"... after like 1 min of working time it gives first 2 very close to eatch other beeps then 9 or 10 separated short beeps ...

Google "<the name of the BIOS manufacturer>" and "beep codes".

TRENDING THREADS