Phone recolors/redesigns?

Anyone know of any re-dos for the phone? I'm tired of the one basic
boring white phone.

--
--Cuth

KG

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

modthesims2
> Anyone know of any re-dos for the phone? I'm tired of the one basic
> boring white phone.
>
> --
> --Cuth

KG

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

and simsresource
> Anyone know of any re-dos for the phone? I'm tired of the one basic
> boring white phone.
>
> --
> --Cuth

Yes, take a look here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=46363
21 re-colors off the wallphone, and you can give the handset another
color if you want to, makes it more fun :)
If you take the time to look further under electronis you will find
some more recolors off phones, also the table models. :)
Have fun.

Elly.

KG wrote:
> and simsresource

Thanks. I looked at Simreource and didn't see anything.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> Anyone know of any re-dos for the phone? I'm tired of the one basic
> boring white phone.

Since you didn't preface your inquiry with what game you wanted this for,
I'll assume TS1 (especially since this wasn't Xposted to the TS2 NG). There
are a large number of TS1 re-dos and hacks, some of them at LIU.

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
"The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
"The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
Mwahahaha!

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Ohmikeghod wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
> moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> > Anyone know of any re-dos for the phone? I'm tired of the one basic
> > boring white phone.
>
> Since you didn't preface your inquiry with what game you wanted this for,
> I'll assume TS1 (especially since this wasn't Xposted to the TS2 NG).

*points up at the subject line* (though, considering who the poster is,
I'd've assumed it was for TS2 if not for the subject line)

Elly wrote:
> Yes, take a look here:
> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=46363
> 21 re-colors off the wallphone, and you can give the handset another
> color if you want to, makes it more fun :)

I installed this but it doesn't work in my game. And yes, I read the
"Read Me" about sending a Sim to the phone and choosing the cradle, etc.
Just doesn't work.

--
--Cuth

>I installed this but it doesn't work in my game. And yes, I read the
>"Read Me" about sending a Sim to the phone and choosing the cradle, etc.
> Just doesn't work.

Sorry, but I never downloaded them myself, untill I saw your question
about them here.
I downloaded them yesterday and found out that in order to have them
work in the game you need SimPE and that colour enabler thingie.
I do have the last one, but what on earth does SimPE do??
Anyway, could that be why they aren't working for you??
I am not installing them now before I know more about this SimPE.
But if you take the time to browse through their electronics section,
there are more telephonerecolors there for download :)

Elly.

"Elly" <ellyhensens@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I installed this but it doesn't work in my game. And yes, I read the
> >"Read Me" about sending a Sim to the phone and choosing the cradle, etc.
> > Just doesn't work.
>
> Sorry, but I never downloaded them myself, untill I saw your question
> about them here.
> I downloaded them yesterday and found out that in order to have them
> work in the game you need SimPE and that colour enabler thingie.
> I do have the last one, but what on earth does SimPE do??
> Anyway, could that be why they aren't working for you??
> I am not installing them now before I know more about this SimPE.
> But if you take the time to browse through their electronics section,
> there are more telephonerecolors there for download :)
>
> Elly.

SimPe is the program that everyone is using to make the recolors and, now,
new objects. From what i understand is that you put the phone in the house,
go to live mode and have the sim use the phone, then using the design tool
click the handset to change the color to match the phone.
As far as I know, you don't need simpe, but you do need the color enabler.

I downloaded them yesterday and found out that in order to have them
>> work in the game you need SimPE and that colour enabler thingie.
>> I do have the last one, but what on earth does SimPE do??
>
> SimPe is the program that everyone is using to make the recolors and,
> now, new objects. From what i understand is that you put the phone in
> the house, go to live mode and have the sim use the phone, then using
> the design tool click the handset to change the color to match the
> phone. As far as I know, you don't need simpe, but you do need the
> color enabler.

Yes, I don't know why he says that, as you certainly don't need SimPE
installed to use recolored items (this or any other), as it works for me
and I've never had SimPE installed or downloaded or anything else for that
matter.

--
Can lactose intolerance eventually lead to lactose-related hate crimes?

>SimPe is the program that everyone is using to make the recolors and, now,
>new objects. From what i understand is that you put the phone in the house,
>go to live mode and have the sim use the phone, then using the design tool
>click the handset to change the color to match the phone.
>As far as I know, you don't need simpe, but you do need the color enabler.

Hi,

Well, when you download those particular phones, and then, after
unzipping, read the read me files, it definitely says you need the
color enabler AND SimPe.
I was wondering about that aswell, because for a recolor it is not
necessary.
But honest, download them and read the read me file, it really says
so.

> >SimPe is the program that everyone is using to make the recolors and,
now,
> >new objects. From what i understand is that you put the phone in the
house,
> >go to live mode and have the sim use the phone, then using the design
tool
> >click the handset to change the color to match the phone.
> >As far as I know, you don't need simpe, but you do need the color
enabler.

> Hi,
>
> Well, when you download those particular phones, and then, after
> unzipping, read the read me files, it definitely says you need the
> color enabler AND SimPe.
> I was wondering about that aswell, because for a recolor it is not
> necessary.
> But honest, download them and read the read me file, it really says
> so.
>
> Elly.

Are we talking TSR here? I found several phones there, but no readme in any
of them.

Nevermind...........had to reset my viewing options to see what the original
site was. Anyway, I tried to see the readme there too, but the download did
not have one.
I see it on the readme on the site tho and you are right, it does say that,
but try just using the color enabler (making sure you have the latest one).
As far as i know, SimPe is not needed to use the phones.

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> "Elly" <ellyhensens@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>>I installed this but it doesn't work in my game. And yes, I read the
>>>"Read Me" about sending a Sim to the phone and choosing the cradle, etc.
>>> Just doesn't work.
>>
>>Sorry, but I never downloaded them myself, untill I saw your question
>>about them here.
>>I downloaded them yesterday and found out that in order to have them
>>work in the game you need SimPE and that colour enabler thingie.
>>I do have the last one, but what on earth does SimPE do??
>>Anyway, could that be why they aren't working for you??
>>I am not installing them now before I know more about this SimPE.
>>But if you take the time to browse through their electronics section,
>>there are more telephonerecolors there for download :)
>>
>>Elly.
>

> SimPe is the program that everyone is using to make the recolors and, now,
> new objects. From what i understand is that you put the phone in the house,
> go to live mode and have the sim use the phone, then using the design tool
> click the handset to change the color to match the phone.
> As far as I know, you don't need simpe, but you do need the color enabler.

Correct. I don't have SimPE but I do (now) have the enabler. And now
the phone thingie works.

--
--Cuth