Sign in with
Your question

Windows Server2008 Hardware Requirements.

Last response: in CPUs
April 26, 2009 2:05:42 PM

Mine is online Storage Business. Our produt is based .net with SQL server.
I need the hardware recommendation for my server. We used to install OS with RAID0 or 10 for OS partition with only one partition. We used to storage all the data in SAN virtual disks. We used to connect disks in server using iSCSI initiator? All my customers used to access data (either upload or download) from online. Can anyone tell best hardware configuration for my requirement?
a b à CPUs
a b G Storage
April 27, 2009 2:04:38 AM

I'm sorry ragu, but I can't understand your post, particularly your use of "We used to...". Does that mean you want to continue doing that, or that's what you're looking to do? In any case, the best advice I can give is list clearly what you need for your server.
April 27, 2009 5:01:39 AM

r_manic said:
I'm sorry ragu, but I can't understand your post, particularly your use of "We used to...". Does that mean you want to continue doing that, or that's what you're looking to do? In any case, the best advice I can give is list clearly what you need for your server.

Hi Mani,

Right now we are using windows server 2003 Operating System for our servers. Only operating system is in our server built in hard drives. To store all the data we using SAN. We are creating virtual disk in our SAN device and connect the disks to server by using iSCSI initiator.

Yes. We want to continue doing that.
!