Recommendations on Bios settings

wiz1

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
New rig is up and running. But I want to make sure the bios are set right since I don't know much about bios. I don't want to Oc just optimize it so it runs well especially for gaming and stable. I want it to boot quick too. I am running vist 64bit so Im sure it won't boot as fast as my old xp system, i don't think :??: I have an I7 with the Asus p6t deluxe 6 gigs of Gskill 1600 ram and a gtx 285 and a Corsair HX1000. Where would I find all this info as well as how to optimize vista?

Kaldor

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
If you dont know what your doing in the BIOS, stay out of it. Your only going to create headaches for yourself by changing things you know nothing about.

Making BIOS changes is not going to speed your PC up that much honestly. Maybe boot a few seconds faster, 1-2 more FPS in a game, nothing earth shattering.

Id rather have a stable machine that 1% slower than be screwing around fixing it all the time.

As far as Vista goes, go take a look at www.blackviper.com as he seems to have some of the best guides out there for optimizing Vista.

wiz1

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Thanks I went in there and did simple things like set up the time and date also stopped the asus screen from showing but nothing else. I will check out black viper. What is prime 95 and should I run it? Is it hard to set up and run with no internet connection set up yet. (Going to Highspeed but still waiting for the set up crew)

Kaldor

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
If your machine is running stable skip Prime95. Its simply a system stressing tool to see if your machine has any problems. Problem is, it doesnt really test anything but the processor.

Follow the old saying "It if it aint broke, dont fix it." Too many are into "Fix it till it breaks."