Help with checking my new graphics card

tranceporter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
Hello all,

This is my first custom build and I got a new Zotac GTX 280 vanilla edition with Far Cry 2 and Vantage for a sweet 250 pounds. :D
The problem is that I don't have a rig to try it on, since I ordered my graphics card before any other component.

So would any of you would be kind enough to please let me check my graphics card on your system?
I stay in Wembley, London and work in Harrow, London, so anybody staying near these areas would be great!

I dont mind traveling by tube/bus either, as long as its London.
I can also give the copy of Vantage I received with my card to the person who helps me. ;)

So please let me know asap if anybody can help me to check if my card is OK :)

Cheers
trancy

I'd be happy to help you, man, but it's a long swim to Canada, you wouldn't enjoy it. Sorry...

BTW, this thread has 33 views. Unfortunately, I bet most of them are in the USA and none in London.

bonanzaguy

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Even if you found someone to let you try it on their computer when you install it in your own the performance could be wildly different because I seriously doubt the setup will be similar.

tranceporter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
thanks aevm :)

@Akebono 98:

yeah, that would be my last option if nothing else works. u know the deal.. never dip your pen in company's ink :D

@bonanzaguy:

I am not worrying much about performance right now, I am just interested in checking if my card works or not (for RMA thingy)

If you are wondering about my build, I did post a thread here some time back.
Its going to be pretty much close to this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/260416-31-nehalem-gaming

Thanks for all your help. I guess I will also post on OverClockers UK thread (but somehow, I am still pending activation even after veryfying my email :( ...)

Cheers,
trancy